Reply To: Let’s all talk about Last Holiday (S15 E14)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Last Holiday (S15 E14) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Last Holiday (S15 E14)

PigNaPoke
    October 8, 2020 at 9:51 pm #2831

Whoohoo, we’re BAAAACK!!! One more time!!! NEW EPISODES!!!! It’s like Christmas and Thanksgiving and Birthday all put together…..oh, wait…..this episode was, too!

But seriously. I am super happy and super sad all at once, too. DREADING the end!!!! But excited about what we are getting to see along this last ride on the dead end road.

AND JBB – The site looks AMAZING! Great job giving the old girl one more lease on life. I know it was a challenging job and it’s very much appreciated that you took that on.

Regarding the episode:

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it!!! (Sorry, kate38)

The idea that the bunker could be so much more was brilliant! Cool little teaser and great sneak peek into the special features like monster radar and an inter-dimensional whatever-ma-jig!!! That could’ve come in handy dealing with the different worlds!! Knowing the MoL of old were mostly chauvinistic pansies I fully expected a spa or hot tub, but ok. Also very fitting for the MO of the old school Men of Letters that they obviously didn’t have any issue of powering up their secret fortress by brainwashing and enslaving of a more powerful being and using her mothering nature to their advantage. NOT COOL DUDES!

I loved Mrs. Butters and the actress who played her.

I’m glad Sam at least was skeptical at first and it all seemed to good to be true, but I then completely loved how both Sam and Dean totally let themselves fall into the provided care and support. Like suddenly having a Grandma run your household. Especially for Dean who’s so food motivated this must have been a DREAM.

I didn’t mind that we got to see them happy and silly for a good while.

Personally I wasn’t crazy that Christmas was part of the mix as the ONE Christmas we’ve ever seen them have is SACRED to me (as sad as it was), but ok, of course Mrs. B would do Christmas for them. (I could’ve done without the silly night gown! I don’t see Dean going that far unless in cartoon form!)

OF COURSE something like this had to be too good to be true! But I love that they found a way NOT to kill her, but to set her free and give her a second chance at life. Afterall she only did her job and was forced into it by false pretenses!!! Sad to see the bunker back to Standby mode and I really hope it won’t completely break down before the end but it was the right thing to do to let her go. And which ever forest gets her as a guardian probably needs it badly in nowadays world!

I also loved the fact that everything is “back to normal” now because it makes everything the Winchesters have and will accomplish that much more impressive! They don’t need no stinking Wood Nymph to save the world! They are enough.

I’m also glad that Jack and Dean had a talk and especially glad that they did NOT completely solved the tension yet!!! Killing Mary was a BIG deal especially to Dean and I am happy that they allow that to breath and run its course. Making the cake at the end felt like another nice STEP to signal forgiveness but not a clean slate yet.

I wish they would find a better way to show Jack dealing with having his soul back than to just mope alone and fixate on killing Mary as his only sin?! But it didn’t bother me enough in this episode to make the rest less fun for me.

To me it was a great “welcome back” episode, but I wonder if it would have seemed out of place it right after the Galaxy Brain if the season would have just run on its regular schedule sans pandemic?

Still as funny episodes go, I very much enjoyed this one.

PNP