Let’s all talk about Hook Man (S1 E7)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Hook Man (S1 E7)

• Author
        January 6, 2021 at 10:27 am #4285

I remember this one has something to do with churches and pastors, right? I also seem to remember a GREAT scene of the Impala parked under that wooden trestle bridge where the first murder happens (I’ve always wanted to go to that location!). Looking forward to some good, dark, creepy hook-hand fun!

Reply | Quote
      • journalbookbinder
          January 6, 2021 at 10:27 am #4309

Bah! No one wants to comment on Hook Man? I admit, I didn’t rush to comment. It’s a nice one; very much in the horror movie genre (the dragging hook reminded me of Freddy Krueger movies). Good message about the dangers of being holier-than-thou. The case wasn’t as straightforward as it first appeared. And it was quite sweet how much it looked like Dean wanted Sam to kiss the girl at the end…wanted Sam to have something good again. Of course he DID kiss the girl earlier when Dean wasn’t there; but told her he just couldn’t do it because he was still in love with Jess. I really felt how much Dean cared about Sam at the end of this one.

Reply | Quote
        • kate38
            January 6, 2021 at 10:27 am #4366

This is one of the good ones from season 1. Just dark enough, and they made a nice effort to make it creepy. My favorite season 1 episode in that regard is “Something Wicked”, but I’ll talk about that one when we get there.

I love the invisible hookman special effects in this one! The attack on the car in the teaser was pretty cool.

I’m not ashamed to admit that the classic rock is one of my favorite things about the early seasons. And yes — ANY episode that has a Quiet Riot song is okay with me ?

Hey, Easter egg sighting! The librarian is Bobby Singer’s mother in “Death’s Door” ?

Trivia question: Name another episode when the brothers use the smell of ozone in the air to identify a spirit! I wish they’d kept some of the early season lore going into the later seasons.

Reply | Quote
          • PigNaPoke
              January 6, 2021 at 10:27 am #4369

Another REALLY nicely creepy one!

There were a few funny parts about it. Like Dean going out to find the UNMARKED grave. UUHHMM, how’d you do that?

Some of the lines were super clonky, so we (audience) could get some background on how to handle ghosts. HA.

I can honestly admit that I completely forgot about the ozone smell!!! SMELL a ghost? And EMF a demon?? I love seeing what they tried out and DIDN’T stick with.

KATE38, I do NOT know another episode where the ozone smell came to play.

I, too, thought the effects in this were great! The Hookman appearing and disappearing. The scrapes on the wall with the exploding plaster, the way he burned up at the end was cool, too.

I always loved the moment where Sam and Dean toss necklace and shotgun at each other so smoothly. NICE action and great chemistry between them.

YES, Kate38 I noticed the Bobby’s Mom actress, too. For once! HA.

Solid episode, nice case, good brother moments.

Reply | Quote
          Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Hook Man (S1 E7)

Your information:

Cancel