Discussion: Sam's Broken WristReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
RS_BAD-BOY
RS_BAD-BOY
Sam's Broken Wrist
Aug 26 2010, 1:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2010, 1:56 PM EDT
Remember in the episode 4 Season 2 "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" the scene near the end where Sam says to Dean that he thought the girl broke his wrist ? It was his right wrist and in special features Jared says that his wrist was really broken during shooting that scene. has anyone else noticed in episode 11, series 2 "Playthings" that when sam was being sick from drinking that his left wrist had the cast and than when they left the room it was on his right again ? 21  out of 29 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Broken Wrist
Darun_Zahn
Darun_Zahn
1. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Aug 26 2010, 7:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 26 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
I never noticed a switch. Jared's hand really was broken and the cast was authentic. If I remember it looks kind of like it's on his left hand because Jared has really long arms and he had his right arm resting on the toilet to rest his head on. I think he broke it during a take while the zombie girl from Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things tackled him. Must have landed on it wrong :( Another sacrifice J2 has made for us all. 12  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
ZackWalls
ZackWalls
2. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Aug 27 2010, 11:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
Jared has broken both hands not his arm. He fractured his right hand in a bar fight during S1 filming when he and Jensen were jumped by a group of drunken men. He also broke his left hand near the wrist while filming Season 2 "Bloodlust" in the scene where he was hit on the head with a telephone and fell to the ground. The break was written into the plot of the Season 2 episode "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" explained by his being tossed around by the zombie. 14  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    

hellishangel
3. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Sep 1 2010, 2:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2010, 2:40 AM EDT
Yes it does look that way, but the truth is during the scene that Jared was resting on the toilet, they were doing one of those funny camera angles where the camera is actually pointed at a mirror. The cast was still on the right hand, the image was simply mirrored. 24  out of 27 found this valuable. Do you?    

JaSunshine
4. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Mar 4 2012, 10:38 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2012, 10:38 AM EST
i'm pretty sure hellishangel is right, you were seeing it through the mirror....but it DOES look like its on his left wrist, but he did actually break it, so i'm pretty sure it never changes hands :P its a ligit cast. 5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

MarieWhitehead
5. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Apr 21 2012, 6:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2012, 6:03 AM EDT
When he was being sick he was reflected in a mirror. You notice the turn of Dean's head a little later. 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

superfreak09
6. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Aug 23 2012, 8:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 23 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
I'm watching the episode now, playthings, when Sam is over the toilet the cast is on his left arm if you look it's plain as day. 3  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

ShannonMacKinnon
7. RE: Sam's Broken Wrist
Aug 30 2012, 8:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
The cast doesn't switch arms. The arm he is leaning against the toilet has a watch on the wrist, that's what you're seeing. I just played it back a few times to see for sure :) I also thought there was a switch, but if you look closely, you'll see the cast is always down next to the toilet, not across it. 8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?