Discussion: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 17 of 17  |  Show  posts at a time
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 7 2015, 2:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2015, 2:02 PM EDT
Hi Y'All,

it is FINALLY here!! Season 11! Another HELLATUS over! We MADE IT! YAY!

In absence of our moderator at the moment, I thought I'd post the thread for tonight's Season 11 Premier Show -- so we can discuss it later here together.

From the preview and the clips - see below - SPOILERS - it looks like an amazing opener for another action packed season.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/out-of-the-darkness-into-the-fire-clip/?play=43a662bd-b8a5-4520-b3d2-9ad1f3ea2a72

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/oh-death-trailer/?play=46057af4-a849-4811-94e8-f198b77ca38d

Talk to Y'All later.

PNP
Do you find this valuable?    
mford1967
mford1967
1. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 7 2015, 10:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Wow! What a premier! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Dean's connected to the Darkness? First the Darkness is a women, now she's a baby? OMG! Poor Cas. What do you think the angels will do to him? But best of all, Crowley is back to his usual bad a** self. Oh, and my jaw hit the ground when the demons mentioned the cage. Maybe we'll get to see Luci and/or Micheal again without opening the cage. Can't wait for next week!

Mford
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
2. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 7 2015, 10:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2015, 10:44 PM EDT
Hi Everyone,
we are BACK!

Nice set up to a new story line and LOTS of little nuggets of info, one had to really pay attention to.

LOVED Crowley's stint in the female body - quite funny the way he "had some fun"...these people were annoying...gosh darned. lol

I didn't really see the Boys be on the same page here, though....but maybe they need to use their training wheels for a bit?
I didn't think splitting up right away was a smart idea. They JUST got back together for crying out loud. :( And how does Sam think, he'll find a cure a) by himself and b) in some random hospital without resources? I wasn't crazy about the lack of logic here.

Very intrigued by Amara and her supposed connection to Dean! If they are connected by the Mark or previous association with it, Luci and Cain should be part of the club as well, right?
I am guessing Amara is the baby?! Or the baby is Amara?

I was also very excited about the rumors from the cage! Are we getting another glimpse at Lucifer or Michael perhaps.

Not quite sure about the veiny disease yet...it sets up a bit like a zombie apocalypse...just that the infected seem to be easily dispatched with (deputy shot them with regular bullets, right?) and the affliction seems very short lived.

Love Sam's hair...hahaha...I guess we moved finally beyond helmet hair?

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
3. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 7 2015, 10:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
"Hey guys,

Wow! What a premier! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Dean's connected to the Darkness? First the Darkness is a women, now she's a baby? OMG! Poor Cas. What do you think the angels will do to him? But best of all, Crowley is back to his usual bad a** self. Oh, and my jaw hit the ground when the demons mentioned the cage. Maybe we'll get to see Luci and/or Micheal again without opening the cage. Can't wait for next week!

Mford"
Yes, poor Cas!

I am not sure these were "real" angels? Maybe Cas' judgement is a little off at the moment?

Could they be "rogues"? Nowadays the show of angel blades isn't really a clear sign, is it?

I can't see real angels lock Cas up somewhere that looked much more like Hell than Heaven? They had nice clean, sterile torture cells in Heaven before.

Or why not lock Cas in jail?

There must be more to it.

PNP
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kate38
kate38
4. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 11:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 11:56 AM EDT
Hi, Guys!

I thought the episode was very good, but strange. I’m gonna need to watch it a few more times to make sense of it.

Jeremy Carver said that the first two episodes of season 11 should be treated like a single “story”. Considering that, I guess we'll have to wait for next week for the story to "gel" :)

I’m disappointed that the Boys are lying to each other AGAIN!!! ALREADY!!! Dean is lying about what the Darkness said to him, and Sam is lying about being infected. Come ON, Guys!!! If anything needs to change between these two, it’s that…

Sorry, Sam, but that was a TERRIBLE idea! I thought Sam would know better than to run into a room and barricade himself inside without securing it first, which set him up to become infected. Sorry, but it just seems like that was a terrible idea from start to finish.

The twist at the end was VERY nice – the baby Amara with the MOC! I DID NOT see that coming! Very interesting that an infant is going to become a force of evil. Evil children are creepy, but demonic infants are just off the scale.

POOR CAS!!! Alone and sick/injured in a hostile world, AGAIN! I agree with you, PNP. I don't think the "angels" who came for Castiel are just plain angels. Maybe they're angelic bounty hunters? Or maybe they're working for Metatron? The way they imprisoned him seemed very strange to me.

...[continued]...

Kate
kate38
kate38
5. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 11:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
...[continued]...

I thought it was VERY clever how Crowley snuck out of his meatsuit. We knew all summer that Crowley wasn't dead, but I thought that was a very creative way for him to escape from Cas.

I'm also enjoying everyone's "take" on the Darkness. Crowley thinks it's a fairy tale, and I think we soon get to hear Rowena weigh in as well. I like the fact that the writers can take this "Darkness" story line in so many different directions. This is completely unexplored territory, so they can stretch their creative wings and really make this a phenomenal big-bad if they want to. I hope they do!

I'm intrigued by the mention of the cage, but I have to admit that I dread that story line coming back again. I SO hope they don't open the cage.

I was a bit distracted to see Alpha vamp's pet as the deputy, but I thought the actress played the part convincingly.

GREAT music in the opening recap!! Didn't they use that in "Sin City"?

I was enjoying the banter between the Boys. I'll never get tired of that!!!! We only got a few snippets of it, but it was enough to let us know that Dean is still snarky and Sam is still "Sam".

Kate
Wandlimb
Wandlimb
6. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 3:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
PNP, I agree with you that Sam's hair is improved -- disheveled is an improvement!

mford, I also liked Dean's connection with the Darkness. Nice and creepy. Cool to hear about the mention of the cage!

Kate, I was also bummed about the prompt return to the lies!!!

But, I loved Sam's plea that they get back to the other part of the bumper sticker, "Saving People" -- all people! Yes! And Dean seemed to agree, until they split up and it was revealed that he was lying about the Darkness conversation and Sam was hiding his infection. (I would have loved a little Croatoan reference at some point.)

I forgot the deputy was the Alpha Vamp's pet! I think of her from her character in Falling Skies.

I wonder how they will cure Sam? Tanning bed?

Wanda
catleigh
catleigh
7. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 3:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
"
Sorry, Sam, but that was a TERRIBLE idea! I thought Sam would know better than to run into a room and barricade himself inside without securing it first, which set him up to become infected. Sorry, but it just seems like that was a terrible idea from start to finish.

The twist at the end was VERY nice – the baby Amara with the MOC! I DID NOT see that coming! Very interesting that an infant is going to become a force of evil. Evil children are creepy, but demonic infants are just off the scale.

"
What Kate said here!

Hi all, haven't joined the discussion in forever, but I've been lurking around when I have time. So excited about the S11 premiere! Great to have the boys back!

Sounds like we're all about on the same page so far: What's up with the lying? Poor Cas! Awesome Crowley. And, of course, great brotherly moments. I thought Sam was on a roll with the 'saving all the people speech' and going on about how the brothers have to change--I was cheering him on, and was glad to see him and Dean come up with a plan to save the baby....right up until Sam ran into that closet--seriously, writers, lazy and unlikely plot contrivence there.

So looking forward to next Wed!

And, I thought that deputy looked familiar, but couldn't place her....you guys are so smart!
kate38
kate38
8. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 4:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
Hey, catleigh and Wandlimb :)

They DO so love to repurpose those actors, don't they? -- LOL :). I'm pretty sure Crowley's temporary meat suit was the woman whose husband swallowed razor blades in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester", and the kid who almost shot Castiel in the barn was Todd (the kid who got bullied until he turned into a superhero) from "Wishful Thinking".

What do you guys think?

Kate
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kate38
kate38
9. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 5:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
"Hi Everyone,
we are BACK!

I didn't think splitting up right away was a smart idea. They JUST got back together for crying out loud. :( And how does Sam think, he'll find a cure a) by himself and b) in some random hospital without resources? I wasn't crazy about the lack of logic here.

Not quite sure about the veiny disease yet...it sets up a bit like a zombie apocalypse...just that the infected seem to be easily dispatched with (deputy shot them with regular bullets, right?) and the affliction seems very short lived.

PNP"
Excellent points, PNP!!! And now that Sam is infected (which I think Dean will figure out before he's actually told -- Sam was being pretty cagey) he's only got a few hours to figure out what to do. Amara's dad dropped dead about 6 hours after he was infected..UGH!!!

I guess we can't have too many episodes without at least one of the Winchesters in peril, can we? LOL :)

Kate
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
10. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 7:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 7:06 PM EDT
"Hey, catleigh and Wandlimb :)

They DO so love to repurpose those actors, don't they? -- LOL :). I'm pretty sure Crowley's temporary meat suit was the woman whose husband swallowed razor blades in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester", and the kid who almost shot Castiel in the barn was Todd (the kid who got bullied until he turned into a superhero) from "Wishful Thinking".

What do you guys think?

Kate"
Hi Kate,

I actually don't mind that they reuse actors in different roles, especially when several years passed and people "grow up" a bit, like the kid (I agree, I think it was the one from Wishful Thinking") or the Deputy.

I think it has become it's own Trivia category by now...lol

Like you said (and Singer did, too), there are only so many character actors in the Vancouver area to use without adding cost to hire in the US and fly them up there and put them up etc.

Have to check on meat-suit lady, I didn't remember her.

LOVE that we are back in action here.

PNP
Wandlimb
Wandlimb
11. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 7:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
"Hey, catleigh and Wandlimb :)

What do you guys think?

Kate"
Well spotted, Kate! Kirsten Robek was in both "Great Pumpkin" and "Wishful Thinking." :)

What's really distracting is how many of the same actors are in Arrow, which I've started watching on Netflix. Some of them are cast so differently that it takes me a while to connect them to their different roles.

Wanda
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
12. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 8 2015, 7:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
OK - rewatched it and got a few comments:

- HOW the hell did Sam know how to find Dean, just jogging cross country away from the Impala?
- New Title card is a little uninspiring, don't y'all think?
- LOVE the moment where Dean is all "on a roll" like Sam calls it and gets into and out of the Impala quick, when he remembers that she's stuck. FUNNY!
- Dean is VERY Dean the whole episode and has some great lines!
- Thought it was weird that they left the shirt on the Deputy and Dean had to sew her up through the whole....I mean, really? Are we so PG now, you can't show a little stomach? It was awkward.
- Oh, and the Deputy was pretty bouncy and fully functional right after Dean stitched her up, right?
- I have a little problem with Sam hiding for so long behind the desk, when the mutated road crew member beats on the door, where Sam clearly heard a baby crying behind! I get that he doesn't want to shoot innocents, but just called the road crew guy in the road a monster...soooo, shoot already.
- MAYBE Amara is NOT the darkness, but only one of the things that escaped? If she doesn't know Death and he doesn't know her....maybe the story Death told Dean in "Brothers Keeper" is wrong or at least slightly off?? This is very intriguing.
- Really Sam? Hiding in a closet you DIDN'T CHECK first was "the plan"? Come on, you are smarter than that.
- Loved the conversation between the brothers, though, and the way Dean relented and let Sam take the lead.

After rewatch, I still think it was a really strong episode, if a little quiet for a season premier.

But a great way to set up a new story line with completely new mythology.

PNP
Wandlimb
Wandlimb
13. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 9 2015, 11:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 9 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
"- HOW the hell did Sam know how to find Dean, just jogging cross country away from the Impala?
- Thought it was weird that they left the shirt on the Deputy and Dean had to sew her up through the whole....I mean, really? Are we so PG now, you can't show a little stomach? It was awkward.
- Oh, and the Deputy was pretty bouncy and fully functional right after Dean stitched her up, right?
- I have a little problem with Sam hiding for so long behind the desk, when the mutated road crew member beats on the door, where Sam clearly heard a baby crying behind! I get that he doesn't want to shoot innocents, but just called the road crew guy in the road a monster...soooo, shoot already.
"
Hi PNP,
I TOTALLY agree with you about Sam looking for Dean, stitching through the t-shirt and Sam cowering in fear for so long. Weird, weird, inconceivable! The weirdest thing about Sam hiding after hearing the baby cries is that he has a gun and just saw that guns work on these things. Seemed really out of character. Clearly a plot device to reveal that the infection is fatal for the host.

I loved the conversation between Dean and Amara and think it is intriguing about her not being the Darkness but something independent of the smoke.

Overall, a good episode if not solid, through and through.

Wanda

SPN-scifi-fan-607
14. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 9 2015, 4:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 9 2015, 5:54 PM EDT
A highly interesting premiere, certainly not bad at all! After the faith-shaking, wasteful disappointment that Season 10 was for me, my belief in 'Supernatural' is coming back! (It's not quite back to Season 5-level love and greatness just yet, and I'm not gonna be quick to jump on just the season premiere; but you can't ask for too much, and it's nevertheless a definite improvement and a solid beacon of eager hope for me.)

I like what we've seen and heard of the Darkness so far, and I'm interested to see how it'll/she'll continue to evolve over the season and where the established storylines will go. I'm also happy with how the boys are indeed back to a nostalgic, Season 1-ish setting and feel now. Crowley's situation with the woman meatsuit and the foursome was brilliant! And that reference to the cage, Michael and Lucifer was utterly the best for me!!!

Still on the other hand though, I'm not too happy with Sam's new conviction in always curing everyone even when there isn't much option beyond killing. Even though I see the characters know that successfully curing the Mark of Cain was a seriously borderline-impossible victory, I don't think that's something someone with as much pragmatism and experience as the Winchesters should be taking to mean you can just save and cure everyone who becomes a monster and comes to kill you. Also, I'm not bashing Sam here with his involvement in both these criticisms, but it was indeed really out-of-character for him to continue waiting after hearing the baby crying.

Overall, this has been a super-great season premiere, with good cliffhanger-pickup and great plot development, and things are definitely looking up for me as 'Supernatural' finds its way back towards the show I fell in love with.
nickkyb19
nickkyb19
15. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 10 2015, 7:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 10 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
It was an amazing start to the season, so much happened during the premiere,of course the brothers were not on the same page and weren't being trueful yet again. I had a feeling poor Sam was going to get infected by the darkness virus, the baby such a great twist which is the Darkness reincarnated? since the mark was on same spot on her shoulder/chest area. so excited to see how the baby comes into play this season. Poor Cas he's was taken by his fellow angels what more is going to happen to him i hope they figure out how to get rid of Rowena's attack dog spell. we have see how it reacts to humans but Cas is an angel so it should be interesting. Of course Crowley who escaped being killed by Cas and took over a woman's vessel and then later had an orgy with the way to happy couple oh my goodness I was dying of laughter Dean and Crowley defiantly brought lightness to the episode with their humor. Umm ? what's up with this bound between Dean and the Darkness??? what's in store for their bound now that the darkness (we think) is Amara is baby. I enjoyed Jenna the rookie Deputy she was sweet and tough and I just realized she was the same girl that played one of the alpha vamp's "kids' in season 7.
Loved Sam's speech to Dean and especially, when he said what happened to part about saving other people and not just themselves And I understand that Sam is the type of person that wants to figure out a cure or theory for everything. I truly hope the curing Sam of this virus plot doesn't last very long and hopefully he gets cured quickly like Demon Dean did.
next week's episode looks interesting Crowley is once again with Dean and on there way to see baby Amara, meanwhile Sam and Cas are dealing with there trying to get rid of the virus and Rowena's spell.
Lordnib
Lordnib
16. RE: Let's all talk about "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" here!
Oct 13 2015, 3:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2015, 3:01 PM EDT
I thought it was a great start to the new season.

My predictions:

Sam will let Lucifer in his body to cure the darkness.
Death was created to replace the darkness hence why she doesn't know about him. I still believe the darkness was the original death and that god and the angels defeated it so they could have all the souls for them self.

I'm confused how the angels didn't feel something when the darkness was released, you would think they would have some kind of alarm to show that the strongest enemy they ever faced was set free. Lucifer knowing is obvious since he was the original holder of the mark but still surely someone on the angels side must know.

I'm looking forward to seeing Crowley get back into his bad self again maybe making a deal with Lucifer to try and convince/black mail Sam to accept him.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)