Discussion: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 26  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 2:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Hey Y'All,

it's TIME for BABY!!!!

I am sure many of you are as excited and thrilled with the idea of this episode as I am!

And the Inside the Episode clip looks great:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/inside-supernatural-baby/?play=c593fd84-7611-44ac-b616-9cbea484f14d

Hope everyone enjoys tonight's show and then meets for comments later....here...on the wiki!

PNP
Do you find this valuable?    
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
1. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 8:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
I'm here, I'm in, I have been waiting fir this one since I heard Robbie Thompson talk about it at the De Paul symposium in May! My apologies that the wiki homepage is not up to date! Time for me to learn how to do that instead of relying (lazily) on other moderators. That will be my goal over the next week! Do you find this valuable?    
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
2. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 10:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 10:41 PM EDT
WOW! Now I remember why I have stayed with this show for so long! Can't wait to re-watch it!

Loved:
The extreme close ups and ALL the camera work.
The extended scene with Sam and Dean talking over the backrest.
All the old references.
The complete lack of dorky background music.
The in-car fight scenes (how did they DO that?).
The return of Matt Cohen! (Who do you think the real entity was behind the image of their dad?)
That SAM got the girl.
(Uh, why did SAM have sex in the car with all the windows down?)
That they talked about their lack of normal lives.
Dean's superb reverse 360.
That Sam told Dean he'd been infected at one time.
That they used the cooler constantly.
That Sam said the car was home.
That they sang together.
That they WASHED THE CAR TOGETHER!
That Cas was so funny and so "Cas" even though it was only his voice.

I hated:
Not a single d a m n thing.

Robbie Thompson can write all future episodes. Everyone else can go home. And give Serge Ladoucher an Emmy for Director of Photography. And JENSEN the one for acting.
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
3. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 10:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Loved the very first line of dialog when Sam comes in and even though you can't see it, Sam asks Dean, "Dude, what's with the shorts?" And Dean replies, "It's a free bunker." Now I want to see the shorts. Do you find this valuable?    
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
4. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 10:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
"Loved the very first line of dialog when Sam comes in and even though you can't see it, Sam asks Dean, "Dude, what's with the shorts?" And Dean replies, "It's a free bunker." Now I want to see the shorts."

YES - I thought the same!!! And I KNEW they wouldn't SHOW it...just tease us with it.
Too funny.

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
5. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 11:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 11:11 PM EDT
Hey Y'All,

WELL, that was ALL I ever wanted it to be - completely and utterly BRILLIANT episode and definitely on my Top 5 ever list!

I agree with every point JBB made above, why I loved it.

I will add that I loved that it started with the closer look at Baby with the classic images of the dash and steering wheel, army men, legos first and then switch to the bloody "S.W" and "D.W." and the blown and bloody windows, before cutting to the knife and Dean in handcuffs! GREAT opening shot!

And I also LOVED the simple fact that we NEVER had an episode that was THIS brother centered and full of open, honest dialogue between them. No hiding, no flying of the handle at revelations, no quick judgement.
SO refreshing and awesome.

HATED one little thing:
Baby got all beaten up and I don't like to see that....BUT we all know Dean's gonna fix her up real nice. Still - OUCH! Sorry, Baby!

This must have been the episode J&J teased Misha about at the recent ChiCon Panel, saying that it must be nice to be in an episode without ever showing up...lol

Absolutely amazing and much appreciated!

NOW one question: What do you all think is the source of Sam's visions? Upstairs or Downstairs?

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
6. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 11:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
"
Loved:
That SAM got the girl.
(Uh, why did SAM have sex in the car with all the windows down?)
r an Emmy for Director of Photography. And JENSEN the one for acting."
HAHAHA - that's what my husband said!

I think they opened the windows AFTER....to let the steam out...lol.

I just thought is was a very nice twist that Dean apparently tried to "have some fun" aka hook up at the bar all night and Sam actually got lucky with the girl from the "boring" Diner!

And then Dean was PROUD of him!!! AAAAWWW.

PNP
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
7. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 11:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 11:47 PM EDT
Loved at the end when Sam would only agree to letting Cas heal him if Dean would allow it for himself too. Time for Dean to stop punishing himself (by staying injured) for almost killing Cas at the end of last season.

And of course..."Goodnight, Jerk." "Goodnight, *****." And Sam's little smile. Their little reassuring ritual.

Sad that Dean thought they should be glad to even be getting one night stands anymore. Wonder what Piper said when Sam tried to give her his number?
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
8. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 28 2015, 11:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2015, 11:48 PM EDT
Lesson; always go with the diner. Do you find this valuable?    
Wandlimb
Wandlimb
9. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 29 2015, 12:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Thanks, PNP, for kicking things off!

This was really a fun episode. I agree with JBB's list of goodies. Loved the tease about the shorts! Liked the return to an old fashioned monster hunt with the Darkness still being relevant and looming.

Was I not paying attention or was Sam out of frame for the whole backseat scene with Piper?

I loved the whole "THEN" sequence of clips at the beginning and it was great to see Matt Cohen back. I wondered if he was really Michael for a minute but I don't see how he could get out of the cage.

I now see why Netflix has been showering SPN with so much love lately. :)

I was so gratified when Dean (DEAN!) points out that "God helps those who helps themselves" isn't in the Bible but -- I thought it was from Ben Franklin's almanac. Nice detail, though.

"Turns out I did shoot the deputy." :)

Thought Thomas J. Wright did a great job -- especially "enjoyed" Sam in the rearview mirror as Mama Monster drove off.

Rare moment of Sam singing. :)
(cont.)
Wandlimb
Wandlimb
10. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 29 2015, 12:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
So, PNP, that's the question! "NOW one question: What do you all think is the source of Sam's visions? Upstairs or Downstairs?" That's a tough one. So far, we have what seems to be a creepy bit from The Cage (which Sam didn't mention in his recap to Dean), and this chat with Fake Dad.
What was said?
Loved how he said, "You OK pal? You look a little spooked." from The Song Remains the Same.
"It looks like Dean's been taking good care of this old beast. Looks like he's been taking good care of you, too."
"When has death ever stopped a Winchester."
"What you said about relationships, wanting something more, I never wanted this for you boys, this life, not really."
"You did [turn out OK], didn't you? But that was on your boys, you did that, not me... I did my best, anyway, for what it was worth."

"I never could fool you, could I?" -- to Sam's "this isn't real." So, it's not John, but it is someone who tried to fool Sam in the past. Sam responds with how he prayed?
"Dream, vision, call it want you want, the message is still the same: the Darkness is coming. Only you boys can stop it."
"God helps those who help themselves."

So, if Fake Dad is to be trusted, maybe they defeat the Darkness by Sam helping Dean? Because the Darkness says Dean and she are bonded and will always protect each other. So, maybe only Sam can stop it?

Seems like the source could be either upstairs or downstairs, as both have an interest in defeating the Darkness. Seems like the visions are trying to give Sam a pep talk and encourage him. The only insidious thing about them is that "I never could fool you" statement. Maybe Lucifer? I don't remember God trying to fool Sam, do you?

Hmm. Fun episode!
catleigh
catleigh
11. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 29 2015, 3:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
As usual, you guys have about covered it! What an awesome episode...I'm going to watch it over and over.

I'm hoping the visions/dreams are coming from upstairs--kind of the SPN God's standard operating procedure to be absent but tangentially helpful, after all. Equally possible that it's Lucifer screwing with Sam, but I hope not since we've kind of already done that plot line.

Last thought--I loved the singing in the car scene. The only other time that they sang together as a scripted moment, they were directed to do it badly. Jensen always says that Dean can't sing. Jared is always so reticent about singing at the Cons that I always assumed it was because he really didn't have a good voice or ability to carry a tune, but now he's proved otherwise. Guess he's just shy.

Anyhow, if the show doesn't get an Emmy for this one, it will be a grave injustice!
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
12. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 29 2015, 9:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
First of all, a Steadicam operator posted this pic of the shorts JENSEN was wearing in that scene (that we didn't see) on Instagram (cut and paste this link):

https://instagram.com/p/6VhJOmxQ14/?=undefined&_suid=14461256097430022750624921172857

Also, listen to JENSEN sing last weekend at the Chicago convention. He's not reticent anymore! I was there (with PigNaPoke and Nikcon7 and Kate38)
He killed it.:

http://youtu.be/tcYVgUH2EJU

kate38
kate38
13. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 30 2015, 10:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
Hi, Guys!

Late to the party this time, but loving the conversation! I only have a few things to add:

This will definitely be one of my top five favorite episodes of all! It felt like EVERY scene was great – one after the other! And it was chock full of broments, which I’ll never get tired of watching :).

The cast and producers have been telling us that this season will have a “feel” very similar to season 1, where the Boys are getting along well and are on the same page. This was the first episode that TRULY felt that way to me. I can’t say how much I absolutely love that and have missed it for so long!!!

LOVE BOB SEGER!!!!!!!!!!! (Did I use enough exclamation points there?)? I’m so happy for great music in this episode. More music, please, SPN!!!

Sammy gets a “happy ending” – can’t say anything bad about that :)

MATT COHEN CAMEO – can I get a “whoop-whoop”??!!!! I hope we get to see more of Matt in season 11!! This was a very creative way to get John Winchester back into the story without bringing back Jeffrey Dean right now. I really like Matt Cohen and hope he has a real role to play in this Darkness story.

Sam finally told Dean about his visions and being infected – GOOD move, Sammy! Now I wish Dean would come clean about everything the Darkness said to him. Maybe in a few episodes…

VERY creative camera POVs throughout the episode. Filming must have been challenging – especially the fight scenes. Speaking of fight scenes, Dean is a TOUGH, scrappy S.O.B!!!!! Decapitating the monster with the car door was a stroke of genius.

...[continued]...
kate38
kate38
14. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 30 2015, 10:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2015, 10:51 AM EDT
...[continued]...

I love how they moved the overall plot along. The monsters are afraid of the Darkness and so is everyone else; “unusual" alliances are being formed – I’m sure some of that will come back to bite us; Sam’s visions are having more and more significance. It’s like they’re peeling away the layers of an onion with all the little details we’re learning about the Darkness and how it’s affecting everything. I am loving season 11 so far!!!!

My favorite parts are too numerous to count – Dean being surprised by Sam’s “date”—whoo-hoo; “Goodnight *****, goodnight jerk” – PRICELESS; Sam and Dean sleeping in the car. I could watch those scenes a hundred times!!! All the banter and joking felt completely real and sincere – I can’t get enough of that, and they PACKED this episode with banter. I also really loved the scene where Dean and Sam talk about their dreams – SO sweet. I also agree 100% that if these guys end up with any women in serious relationships, they’ll have to be hunters. Nobody else understands these guys or their lifestyle. We’ve talked about that before and I’m glad the show seems to agree with us.

I also love how they used Cas in this story. I’m glad that he’s safe back at the bunker, and thrilled that he’s helping research cases now. I thought it was hilarious and creative how Cas explained the entire backstory for the monster while Dean is fighting for his life outside the car.

Even the monster was interesting. It’s cool to have something new to add to the lore.

Yeah, PNP -- Poor Baby got pretty messed up, but that’s okay – Dean will fix her up again. By the way, how DARE that valet take a joy ride in Baby!!!! B**ch! I agree with JBB that she needed to do that so Dean could find the pennies, but I hated her being in the car and treating Baby with such irreverence.

I’m gonna watch this one A LOT MORE!!!

Kate

kate38
kate38
15. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 30 2015, 10:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
"First of all, a Steadicam operator posted this pic of the shorts JENSEN was wearing in that scene (that we didn't see) on Instagram (cut and paste this link):

https://instagram.com/p/6VhJOmxQ14/?=undefined&_suid=14461256097430022750624921172857

Also, listen to JENSEN sing last weekend at the Chicago convention. He's not reticent anymore! I was there (with PigNaPoke and Nikcon7 and Kate38)
He killed it.:

http://youtu.be/tcYVgUH2EJU

"
Hey, JBB!!

All I can say about that pic of Jensen in shorts is "Ooh, la, la!"

And you are 100% right about his singing!!! I remember a long time ago when he sang "The Weight" during an interview on a tv show. He was very shy about it and said to the audience "...This isn't what I do, so I might make a mistake or something..." something to that effect. Anyway, he played guitar and sang really well, but you could tell he wasn't really comfortable.

Now, however, he just ROCKS IT!!! I think it was at TorCon when he sang "Simple Man" and played guitar. He did mess up a few times, but he just kept going, knowing the adoring crowd would forgive him. I'm so proud of him every time he sings, and so grateful that he chooses to share that part of himself with us.

Kate
kate38
kate38
16. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 30 2015, 10:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
"As usual, you guys have about covered it! What an awesome episode...I'm going to watch it over and over.

I'm hoping the visions/dreams are coming from upstairs--kind of the SPN God's standard operating procedure to be absent but tangentially helpful, after all. Equally possible that it's Lucifer screwing with Sam, but I hope not since we've kind of already done that plot line.

Last thought--I loved the singing in the car scene. The only other time that they sang together as a scripted moment, they were directed to do it badly. Jensen always says that Dean can't sing. Jared is always so reticent about singing at the Cons that I always assumed it was because he really didn't have a good voice or ability to carry a tune, but now he's proved otherwise. Guess he's just shy.

Anyhow, if the show doesn't get an Emmy for this one, it will be a grave injustice!"
Hey, catleigh :)

I agree with you. I think the visions are coming from "upstairs". It would be great if it really is god talking to Sam, but even if it's an angel that's still preferable to anything coming from hell.

I think heaven has a lot more to lose with the Darkness being freed, so heaven has good reasons for helping the Winchesters battle the Darkness. Hell (i.e. Crowley) is already looking at ways to benefit from the situation, so maybe he doesn't yet see the Darkness as a direct threat to demon kind. But the fact that lower level demons and angels are already talking about alliances may mean the Darkness is a mixed bag for hell as far as its threat level.

For Lucifer, if his goal was the downfall of humanity, then he'd have no reason to help humanity deal with this problem.

I'm just spitballing here, but I think if Matt Cohen isn't god, at least he's a force of good and not evil.

What do you guys think?

Kate
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
17. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 31 2015, 11:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
"Lesson; always go with the diner. "

Ain't that the TRUTH!!! Go where the PIE lives and you may come out on top...or the bottom...depending on preference.

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
18. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 31 2015, 11:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2015, 11:36 AM EDT
"Hey, catleigh :)

I think heaven has a lot more to lose with the Darkness being freed, so heaven has good reasons for helping the Winchesters battle the Darkness. Hell (i.e. Crowley) is already looking at ways to benefit from the situation, so maybe he doesn't yet see the Darkness as a direct threat to demon kind. But the fact that lower level demons and angels are already talking about alliances may mean the Darkness is a mixed bag for hell as far as its threat level.

For Lucifer, if his goal was the downfall of humanity, then he'd have no reason to help humanity deal with this problem.

I'm just spitballing here, but I think if Matt Cohen isn't god, at least he's a force of good and not evil.

What do you guys think?

Kate"
Hi All,
I think Wandlimb brought up the thought of MICHAEL in connection with John (Matt)....interesting!!!
Although, I too don't know, how he could have broken out of the cage....MAYBE the escape of the Darkness shook something loose in Hell?
After all, demon#59 reported to Crowley, that something was rattling the cage...

SO, what if Michael has found a way to use another Winchester to project himself into Sam's head and try to warn him?

Maybe Sam's first vision was Michael trying to break free of the cage and making contact with Sam by chance, because he had prayed?

I know this is reaching...but I LIKE to think that Matt Cohen is a force for good and also that Sam is being targeted by good for a change!

But I am also still thinking that we don't know for absolute sure that the Darkness IS all bad! I somehow got the feeling, when she said that she doesn't know GOD and GOD doesn't know her, that there is more to that situation.

So far everyone is afraid of the Darkness without really knowing what it is or does!

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
19. RE: Let's All Talk "BABY" (S11 Ep4) here!!
Oct 31 2015, 11:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2015, 11:46 AM EDT
Hi everyone,

One of my favorite sequences in the episode is the whole thing with Dean talking to Cas on the phone, then getting out and starting to fight the Nachzehrer (stupid German word, btw, meaning nothing...hahaha), while Cas is talking and talking, and Dean getting back in periodically, before fighting some more and at the end WIPING the monsters head of Baby with the windshiled wiper.

I was laughing so hard at that scene, I had to watch it several times to get all the things Cas said...

PERFECT comedic timing by Jensen and excellently underscored by Misha's deadpan delivery!

LOVED IT!

PNP

2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)