Discussion: Brothers.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

Impala44
Brothers.
Apr 4 2018, 11:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 4 2018, 11:04 PM EDT
one thing that bothers me about Dean and Sam is when they go out and kill demons or ghost,one of them either ends up being Said killed or captured,and for some weird reason that just isn't right. Do you find this valuable?    
kate38
kate38
1. RE: Brothers.
Apr 6 2018, 9:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2018, 9:19 AM EDT
"one thing that bothers me about Dean and Sam is when they go out and kill demons or ghost,one of them either ends up being Said killed or captured,and for some weird reason that just isn't right."
Hi, Impala44 :) (COOL name, by the way!!)

Welcome to our wiki!

LOL! You make a good point. The Boys (especially poor Sam) do get knocked out, tied up and kidnapped a lot. Sam will need treatment for traumatic brain injury pretty soon :). It's been a running joke for so long that I sort of disregard it now.

I suspect those scenarios are just a convenient way for the writers to slow down the Winchesters and the pace of the story long enough for the bad guy to tell us all who/what he is and what he wants. Then, inevitably, the other brother charges in and saves the one being held captive, or in some cases a third party charges in and saves both Winchesters. In the melee the monster is killed or otherwise dealt with, and our heroes drive off into the night.

Some have criticized that as lazy writing, but at this point it's part of the show's charm (and dark humor) for me, so it doesn't bother me as much as it once did.

What did you think about the little twist on that theme in last night's episode? It looked initially like Sam was going to be the one captured and in trouble, but the writers flipped the script on us and it ended up being Sam who had to save Dean from the monster.

kate
Do you find this valuable?    
supernatrualsweetie
supernatrualsweetie
2. RE: Brothers.
May 20 2018, 6:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2018, 6:29 PM EDT
Family will do ANYTHING for each other. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)