Season 15 Episode 6
airdate: November 21, 2019
directed by John F. Showalter
written by Meredith Glynn
|Cas is off trying to meditate while fishing, but stumbles into a case of sorts when a local child is missing. He figures out that a monster is involved almost immediately and ends up saving the missing child and seems to find his purpose again.Meanwhile, Dean seems to have given up, now that he knows that God is interfering with their lives again and wants to stay in the bunker. They are visited by the ghost of dead hunter Eileen, released from hell in Chuck's mass soul release. She says the hellhound that killed her dragged her there. She doesn't want to be come an angry spirit. Sam figures that the only way to prevent that is to do the "trap the soul in a crystal" trick that Rowena used to do. Eileen agrees to it. Sam goes to Rowena's apartment to find the spell and runs into a family of witches who is also trying to get at Rowena's "best stuff" she left behind. Her apartment has a spell cast over it, to kill anyone who enters...but she apparently made an exception for Sam, her favorite hunter, as Sam can enter without consequence. As the witches try to make Sam get Rowena's secrets for them, Sam discovers that Rowena was working on a spell to restore a body to a soul; ostensibly to bring Mary back, but when she learned Mary was in heaven, she didn't finish the work. Sam uses the spell for Eileen (and it's a one-time-only spell) and is able to bring her soul back into a real, physical body, thus actually bringing her back to life. This seems to give Sam home. Sam gives Dean a pep talk at the end and it looks like he may have gotten through to Dean. They're in it together. Sam doesn't want to do it without Dean. They have to keep fighting. Chuck doesn't control everything they do. It seems like Sam's words may have gotten through to Dean.|
- Sam: WE HAVE MOVES TO MAKE HERE, DEAN. WE DO. I MEAN, DO YOU THINK CHUCK WANTED ME TO SHOOT HIM? OF COURSE NOT. Dean: YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? MAYBE THAT WAS PART OF THE PLAN, YOU KNOW? THAT'S THE THING, MAN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOD AND WHAT ISN'T, AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY. Sam: ALL I'M SAYING IS, WE'LL FIND A WAY TO BEAT HIM. WE WILL. I DON'T KNOW HOW YET, BUT WE WILL 'CAUSE WE'RE THE GUYS WHO BREAK THE RULES. BUT I CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU. I CAN'T. JUST LIKE I COULDN'T DO IT TODAY WITHOUT YOU. I NEED MY BROTHER.
- Dean to Sam: YOU'RE LIKE ROWENA'S PROTEGE. A REGULAR GINGER JR.
- Witch: SHOW DEATH A LOOPHOLE AND SHE CLOSES IT.
- Ghost of Eileen: NOT TODAY, b i t c h.
- Sam: I LEARNED FROM THE BEST.
- Sam: WE'RE THE GUYS THAT BREAK THE RULES.
- Sam: I NEED MY BROTHER.
- Why do all of these good souls keep ending up in hell?
- How much of the Winchester's lives is Chuck actually controlling?
- Will anything happen between Sam and Eileen?
- Did this "win" bringing Eileen back to life restore Sam's hope in the purpose of his and Dean's lives?
- A spell exists that can restore a soul's actual, physical body, but it can only be used once.
- Rowena was working on this spell, before her death, in an attempt to resurrect Mary.
- Rowena put a spell on her apartment to kill anyone who entered, except Sam.
- Rowena kept journals filled will all of her spell work.
- Sam can't forget about his time in hell, even though he tries not to think about it.
- Does Dean think Sam actually wants to become a witch thanks to his knowledge gained from Rowena?
- Cas' powers seem weak as he struggled to heal the ankle of the injured boy.
- The bunker has a cell phone system (not land lines anymore!) set up similar to what Bobby had; taking calls from hunters and supporting whatever alias they're using.
- Sibling torture is worse when you're in a family of witches!
- The woman who played the blonde witch was also Chuck Shurley's publisher (the one who showed Sam and Dean her anti-possession tattoo) in Monster at the End of This Book.
- The woman who played Emily here previously played a ghost WAY back in Provenance.
- Had to look this one up, but "Golden Time" could refer to the time right after a severe injury where getting treatment during that time has the highest chance of preventing death.
- The "Aradia Apartments" in the tile of the hallway of Rowena's apartment refers to a moon goddess worshipped by witches.
- When Cas is out on his own, he uses the alias "Clarence"; a sweet reference to his unique relationship with the late demon Meg Masters.
- Dean refers to Sam as "Ginger Jr."; referencing how comfortable he became learning spells from Rowena.
- "So Quiet" - Cobra Ramone