airdate: November 15, 2005
directed by Ken Girotti
written by Eric Kripke
After Sam (Jared Padalecki) has several haunting dreams, he persuades a reluctant Dean (Jensen Ackles) to return with him to their childhood home for the first time. They find much more to battle with than painful memories when the house's current occupants, a single mother with two young children, experience terrifying supernatural phenomena, just as in Sam's nightmares. The boys track down an eccentric local psychic, Missouri Mosley (guest star Loretta Devine, "Waiting to Exhale," "Crash"), who is mentioned in their father's journal, and together the three fight to rid the house of powerful spirits. But before they can stop what's happening now, they have to face what happened when they lived there - including their mother's horrible death. Amazing twists and revelations await Sam and Dean on their most personal mission yet.
- Dean: Dad, I know I've left messages before. I don't even know if you get 'em. But I'm with Sam and we're in Lawrence and there's something in our old house. I don't know if it's the thing that killed Mom or not...but...(tears up) I don't know what to do. So whatever you're doing, if you could get here...please. I need your help, Dad.
- Missouri: Boy, you see me sawing some bony tramp in half?! You think I'm a magician?! I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room but I can't pull facts out of thin air.
- Missouri: Boy, you put your foot on my coffee table, I'm going to whack you with a spoon.
- Is Sam psychic?
- What is John doing back in Lawrence?
- Dean misses his father more than he normally reveals.
- Sam and Dean get help from Missouri Mosely, who met them when they were boys.
- People who used to work with John thought he'd popped a screw when he bought a bunch of weapons and left town with the boys.
- Eric Kripke is particularly proud of "Home" because of the plumbing scene: "My favorite scene all year long is the guy grinding up his hand in the garbage disposal. We had the shot of underneath the pipe, where you saw the goo going into the bucket, and I laughed because I'm a sick puppy." (We won't argue with the Kripkeeper!)
- (no non-original music)
- Dean calls what Sam reveals abut his visions "the shining." This is an allusion to the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film, The Shining, starring Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance. Dean is comparing Sam to the character of Danny Torrance, who had a gift of clairvoyance and telepathy. The film was based on the 1977 book by Stephen King of the same title, though the screenplay changed the story in several ways.
- Dean says "Missouri did her whole Zelda Rubinstein thing." This is in reference to the 1982 movie Poltergeist, in which Zelda Rubinstein played the part of the clairvoyant named Tangina Barrons.
If these walls could talk. The brothers investigate a long-shuttered mental asylum that has the power to drive intruders mad... and murderous.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|LinnHansen||When the kid goes in to the refridgerator!||0||Jun 25 2010, 1:28 PM EDT by LinnHansen|
Thread started: Jun 25 2010, 1:28 PM EDT Watch
The child safty lock goes back on after the kid is in, but when the mom finds out he is in there and goes to open it, the lock is off!