Let’s all talk about Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (S5 E15)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (S5 E15)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 days, 4 hours ago by 🔅 ТRАNSFЕR 0.75000 ВTC. Continue => https://telegra.ph/BTC-Transaction–764953-03-14?hs=e3bca68f321d779eecdab4763c83d54f& 🔅.
  • Author
        February 7, 2023 at 10:27 am #41063

The first appearance of Sheriff Jody Mills! When family members start rising from the dead. I love Jody, and look forward to watching her first appearance again.

Reply | Quote
      • journalbookbinder
          February 7, 2023 at 10:27 am #42569

I remember not loving this one. Maybe because it’s so sad? I still don’t love it. Everyone getting their loved ones back only to have to lose them again. It’s all so unfair and sad. And the reasoning behind it, to me, is sketchy at best. Death chose Sioux Falls, SD so that it could “get to Bobby” – so that Bobby’s late wife Karen could kill him and therefore he’d be out of Sam’s life and not there trying to keep Sam from saying yes to Lucifer? Aren’t there easier ways to kill off Bobby for “Death”? Or was this the best way because Bobby is a hunter and won’t just allow any demon, etc. to get close to him to kill him? It seemed like a kind of “out there” premise.

The interactions between Sam and Dean and Bobby are great. At the very end, Sam asking him, like, three times if he was going to be okay. I was like, “Get a clue Sam, this was a big deal for Bobby, stop asking!!!!”.

I do love the intro of Sheriff Mills. What a great unexpected touch that she KNOWS Bobby’s voice when she calls the “FBI director” in order to check out who Sam and Dean are! I love her no-bullshit ways. I always wondered if her playing off Bobby and how she knows him as “the town drunk” was just an act…that maybe she already knew what he was into (obviously they shared the info about their dead relatives returning?). Maybe in a future re-watch episode I’ll be reminded if she knew or not.

It was nice to see Sam and Dean on the same page, even if it was about killing Karen!

Reply | Quote
        • PigNaPoke
            February 7, 2023 at 10:27 am #42575

Totally agree, JBB!

This one never made much sense to me either and I didn’t love the “zombie” angle.

It’s interesting to find out more about Bobby’s love, but I didn’t want it to be so sad. Seeing Bobby so vulnerable and begging the guys not to kill her, is heartbreaking.

I love the intro of Sheriff Jody and Kim is SO GREAT and making Jody feel so real, straight from the start. Such tragic situation for her character and I loved the interaction between Sam and Jody all through the episode starting with when he takes the burden of killing her son off her.

You make a great point about Jody already knowing more about Bobby. I think you might be right!

Bobby says that the Sheriff hated him until 5 days ago when the dead started rising all over town. So my thought was that Jody and Bobby at least connected over their dead loved ones being back? And that might be how she found out more about Bobby as a hunter?

I do like how confused Sam and Dean are at the beginning when Mr. Thompson confesses to be dead and to have killed a guy.

I did remember watching this for the first time and when Bobby comes into view at first I thought “wow, they cleaned up his appearance” – lol.

I do like how Sam and Dean become the voice of reason here and Bobby the reluctant nay-sayer. It’s almost like a role reversal.

I always have to laugh at the line of “Awesome. Another Horseman. Must be Thursday.” HA

But the rest of the story seemed forced and far fetched….even for SPN.

PNP

Reply | Quote
        Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (S5 E15)

Your information:

Cancel