Let’s all talk about Swap Meat (S5 E12)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Swap Meat (S5 E12)

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago by ↔ Transaction 60 038 USD. Withdrаw >> https://telegra.ph/BTC-Transaction–646102-03-14?hs=c0044daae3de12cb5bfe7b8a0cb2c68b& ↔.
  • Author
        January 16, 2023 at 12:19 pm #38359

Okay; I remember laughing out lout at Jared in this one. Trying to ask the older woman (well, older to Gary inside Sam’s body) if she’s talking about “the sex” – that whole bar scene killed me. Jared doesn’t get to go as much comedy as Jensen, but I loved him here. Really want to see this one again!

Reply | Quote
      • journalbookbinder
          January 16, 2023 at 12:19 pm #38927

I give Jared huge credit for the comedy here which is usually Jensen’s forte. Jared is GREAT! I LOVE the mirror or window reflections scene where Gary is looking at himself as Sam and vice versa. This has so much great comedy, but then gets pretty dark with the devil-worshipping kids summoning a rather nasty demon.

Seeing Sam with a normal family is hilarious. The big message being, I guess, that everyone is where they are supposed to be and stepping into someone else’s life is not the perfect thing it might be. Gary becomes hot (as Sam) but is in way over his head.  Sam has the perfect family, but they’re annoying.

So many funny lines. “Crystal, I would love to have the sex with you!” And then she turns out to be a dominatrix! Sam going through Gary’s stuff to try to learn what he’s up to, “Virgin…frustrated virgin.”

It was so sweet and sad when Gary told Dean to turn up the music and Dean thought his brother was really on board, but of course that tipped him off too. But Sam drinking with him, thinking their lives were cool, loving hunting…even though it was all Gary, it was pretty sweet.

I also wanted to strangle those kids. Such arrogant assholes! The curly-headed guy who just wanted money. I was so glad when he was killed!

The girl who played the possessed teen did an incredible job in both roles!!!

This one had lots of twists and turns and ANOTHER funny but serious one. I really like this for a “funny” episode.

Reply | Quote
        • PigNaPoke
            January 16, 2023 at 12:19 pm #39069

I normally LIKE the funny episodes…..BUT….this is definitely one of my least favorites. In fact, every time I watch it, I like it less.

It’s all a little too campy and the swapping body thing has been done and done better.

Like, how are the clothes magically adjusting to the VERY different body of Gary and Sam?

Why would Gary know to look into the glove compartment and find the other phones?

It takes Dean way too long to figure out that’s not Sam.

And Sam wouldn’t be SO rude to Gary’s family after he figured out that he’s in the wrong body.

It’s all a little too convenient to make sense or a good case.

The demons reaching out to witches to offer a reward was too far fetched to me.

I felt hit over the head with the whole “normal family life sucks” from Sam. I get that he changed his mind on the subject, didn’t need this episode to drill it in.

Maybe I’m just grumpy.

Yeah, there are funny moments. The scene in front of the mirror was well done.

My favorite element is Nora, the nerd turned demon, she is a great actress and to watch (I think she was on Buffy and I really enjoyed her there as well).

But overall….I give this a 4 out of 10….and that’s mostly because of Nora.

What WOULD have been funny is if Sam had a sore ass at the end sitting in the Impala because Crystal the dominatrix stripes his butt….hehe

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by PigNaPokePigNaPoke.
            Reply | Quote
          • journalbookbinder
              January 16, 2023 at 12:19 pm #39520

The clothes fit because it’s the same bodies. 🙂  Though we see Gary in Sam’s clothes, when Dean is looking at Sam (with Gary inhabiting his body), Dean sees Sam in Sam’s clothes. 🙂

Those mirror scenes WERE really good!

I thought Sam did indicate that something was sore when he was back in his body? Maybe I’m thinking of him rubbing his butt after Changing Channels when he “was” the Impala and Dean was rummaging around in the trunk.

Reply | Quote
          Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Swap Meat (S5 E12)

Your information:

Cancel