Discussion: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 81 - 100 of 107  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
80. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 21 2014, 4:54 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 22 2014, 6:10 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

Here's a link to a five and a half minute "sneak peek" for Season 10, kindly supplied to me by Kate38 - thanks, Kate! - which makes for some very interesting discussion!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8NFkkE55flUMkQ3XzlmbFpGMEU/edit?pli=1

*** PLEASE NOTE THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS ***

SFF
Do you find this valuable?    
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
81. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 21 2014, 10:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
MAN oh MAN, awesome sneak peak!

It is giving us so much new info, but also so many new points to speculate about!

My top three favorite bits in the sneak peak:
1. They writers want to have "Dean learn to be a hero again" - FINALLY!
Not that Dean has ever NOT been a hero, but maybe they lead us back to a Dean slightly less grim and bowed down by guilt? At least that is my hope!
Of course, you may argue that being a hero means "self sacrifice" (sorry, Kate38! :) ) and that Dean really doesn't need any more of that...true! But to me, being a hero also means being a normal human being , but with clearer purpose, intent and self-assurance about your mission to help less fortunate people around you, because you have a specific skill set that others lack that makes you the man for the job. And if we can get a little more of that back for Dean, it would be awesome!

2.Charlie will be back - YEAHH!! I just love her and what she does of the Boys.

3. Cas seems to have an ally (and maybe more) in Hannah?! Knowing that he is not alone with the "fading Grace" problem, while Sam and Dean are quite pre-occupied with their own issues, makes me feel much better! I think he will need some moral support when dealing with that and Metatron, who will surely tempt him in some way...! Hopefully Hannah can be there for him to keep his head straight?! Of course, there is also the possibility that she is working for the "other side"...
Definitely interesting - either way.

PNP
vanillefang
vanillefang
82. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 21 2014, 1:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Thanks for posting this SFF and Kate!

Was Hannah the angel that was with Cas at the end of the season? I can't remember, we had so many red-shirt angels running around, but if it is I did like her. I don't know about what they intend to do with Cas though, it seems like we have been down this road before.....

Dean seems to be acting like an entitled frat boy, rather than a bad ass demon. I can't remember the guy's name who was also looking for him, but I don't like the looks of him. Maybe they will let Dean kill him.

Oh great, the return of superawesomemegaultra Charlie! I can't wait, I just love her soooooooo much.

Dunno about Sam, I guess they didn't want to talk about him, maybe they didn't want to spoil anything or maybe he just isn't going to be doing anything. In any case, someone needs to get JP a sandwich- he is looking a bit thin!

Seriously though, it was a good preview and I am looking forward to the new season. I like the concept of the locked room mystery, and of course the music-themed episode is very interesting.

Thanks again for posting!
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
83. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 21 2014, 3:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Hey VF,

You're welcome! :)

And Hannah was the angel Cas was with almost at the end of last Season, when he shoved Metatron into the jail cell - and Cole is the name of the je... I mean man who's hunting Dean for something he thinks Dean did when he, Cole, was a child? Thing is, he looks way too old for that? :)

And yeah, superawesomemegaultra Charlie! - I know you just can't WAIT until she returns lol!

Sam IS going to be all driven about Dean this year, true, but I think they said he does have his own story too - whether that's his own struggle with inner demons 'cause of what he does to find Dean or whether he unleashes something in his search for his brother or maybe trying to protect him from Crowley or Cole - who knows? - You know I think Sam needs to atone for last Season so missing some food while he's worrying about Dean could be his penance! :)

Yeah, it was a real good preview and it wets our appetites! :)

...And is that how entitled frat boys behave? :)

SFF
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
84. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 21 2014, 9:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Hi there,
I did read somewhere that the creators were very much "balancing" the story this year between BOTH Boys and give them equal story/screen time. So, I am sure there is more to Sam's story.

I agree with SFF, I was quite suprised to see how old Cole is. Didn't they say, that Cole was about 10, when he met Dean...he looks like 30 now... Oh well, I am sure they'll explain in due time?! On InMD he isn't listed as a Character for long...so maybe Dean get's him quick? Still I am intrigued by the story line.

VF, I agree that JP looks a bit thin...but I I think he was probably unable to train and in pain from the shoulder injury, and subsequent surgery, he got at the Convention in Itlay (I think...).

PNP
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
85. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 22 2014, 3:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 22 2014, 3:23 AM EDT
"Hi there,
I did read somewhere that the creators were very much "balancing" the story this year between BOTH Boys and give them equal story/screen time. So, I am sure there is more to Sam's story.

I agree with SFF, I was quite suprised to see how old Cole is. Didn't they say, that Cole was about 10, when he met Dean...he looks like 30 now... Oh well, I am sure they'll explain in due time?! On InMD he isn't listed as a Character for long...so maybe Dean get's him quick? Still I am intrigued by the story line.

VF, I agree that JP looks a bit thin...but I I think he was probably unable to train and in pain from the shoulder injury, and subsequent surgery, he got at the Convention in Itlay (I think...).

PNP"
Hey PNP,

Yeah, I read that too about balancing the story line between both JA and JP and I think both Boys look like they may have lost some weight but that may be for their roles this year...

I thought Cole looked a bit older than that even but I guess he could have met Dean when he was a very young Hunter? I also heard that Cole's time might be extended but maybe that's already been factored in to what you've read? I don't suppose he can do much against Dean as a demon but if he's still around when Dean becomes human again? - I hope that doesn't happen but obviously there's some plan to all of this...

And I do hope JP is fully recovered now...

SFF
vanillefang
vanillefang
86. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 22 2014, 2:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 22 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
I do not know what to think about the Cole character- and I will of course reserve judgement until we have seen it play out, but diving into the past can be messy. Supernatural has such a established past, bringing someone from Dean's past back needs to be done carefully. I just hope it is not " well, you didn't save blah-blah, so now you must die". Guess we will have to wait and see! Do you find this valuable?    
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
87. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 23 2014, 10:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
"I do not know what to think about the Cole character- and I will of course reserve judgement until we have seen it play out, but diving into the past can be messy. Supernatural has such a established past, bringing someone from Dean's past back needs to be done carefully. I just hope it is not " well, you didn't save blah-blah, so now you must die". Guess we will have to wait and see!"
Hey VF,

I heard something that it was about Dean killing someone Cole was close to, not just not saving them. Maybe Cole had someone special who was a monster?

SFF
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
88. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 23 2014, 7:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
Cole wasn't Amy's Kid, was he??? Who watched Dean kill his Mom???
I can't remember if a name for the kid was mentioned?

PNP
kate38
kate38
89. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 23 2014, 8:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
"Cole wasn't Amy's Kid, was he??? Who watched Dean kill his Mom???
I can't remember if a name for the kid was mentioned?

PNP"

I thought about that kid, too because he did threaten to kill Dean. His name was Jacob, though.
He was from season 7, so even if he was 10 at the time, he'd only be, what 14? Not old enough to be Cole.
Good guess, though.
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
90. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 24 2014, 3:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 24 2014, 3:23 AM EDT
Hey,

Course Amy's kid wasn't human so he might grow at a different rate (remember the Amazons?) but he isn't Cole as Kate said.

I think Cole is someone out of the blue...

SFF
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
91. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 24 2014, 11:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 24 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
OOOKAY - I see my flawed logic... :) I am giving up the guessing...we'll just have to wait.

PNP
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
92. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 24 2014, 11:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 24 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
"OOOKAY - I see my flawed logic... :) I am giving up the guessing...we'll just have to wait.

PNP"
Hey PNP,

- Guessing is great! - It's what we thrive on in the Hellatus so keep going, please! Lol.

SFF
vanillefang
vanillefang
93. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 1:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 1:49 AM EDT
Ya know, this brings up a point- and I know that we really don't know what role Cole is going to play, but why not use Jacob? (how did you remember, lol!) He would already have a connection to the boys, and if Cole is going to be used in an adversarial role for Dean, he would easily fit the bill. And as a bonus, they could use him to add further tension to Sam/Dean. ( though I don't think that will be a problem, at least early on!)

As for his age, I don't think that really matters, as SFF pointed out that could easily be explained. I wouldn't even care if they left him a 14 year old boy. I watch a 13 year old girl kick ass on another show anyway, no big deal to me!

While I am not 100 percent sure on the details, is he suppose to be a hunter, or is he just hunting for Dean?
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
94. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 4:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 4:47 AM EDT
Hey VF,

I could be wrong but I thought they said Cole was a Hunter, as well as hunting specifically for Dean. One reason they mightn't have used Jacob - he seems ready-made as someone we've seen before who would want to hunt Dean down - is that they wanted a human, not a monster, to evoke some sympathy for him, if Dean ends up hunting and maybe trying to kill him. Maybe this even has something to do with Dean's redemption in the end, that he doesn't kill Cole after he tries to kill him?

SFF
whatUseeintheshadows
whatUseeintheshadows
95. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 10:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Actually, from what I've heard, Cole doesn't know anything about the supernatural at all! Do you find this valuable?    
kate38
kate38
96. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 12:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
"Actually, from what I've heard, Cole doesn't know anything about the supernatural at all! "
I heard the same thing -- that he knows "little" about the supernatural world. I don't expect him to be a hunter.
I also don't expect him to survive past episode 2. In one preview, he's got Sam tied to a chair. That can't possibly end well!
I think if Sam doesn't kill Cole to stop him from getting to Dean, demonDean will kill him quickly just for the heck of it -- or maybe 'cause he's an annoyance for threatening Dean. In the preview, demonDean does threaten to kill Cole. I think he'll make good on that threat pretty quickly -- unless Sam beats him to it...
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
97. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 1:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
"I heard the same thing -- that he knows "little" about the supernatural world. I don't expect him to be a hunter.
I also don't expect him to survive past episode 2. In one preview, he's got Sam tied to a chair. That can't possibly end well!
I think if Sam doesn't kill Cole to stop him from getting to Dean, demonDean will kill him quickly just for the heck of it -- or maybe 'cause he's an annoyance for threatening Dean. In the preview, demonDean does threaten to kill Cole. I think he'll make good on that threat pretty quickly -- unless Sam beats him to it..."
Hey,

Well I thought I'd read somewhere he's a Hunter but maybe it was just about him hunting Dean? - I shall see if I can find it but anyway I've found this up-to-date link about Cole:
http://www.examiner.com/article/supernatural-season-10-spoilers-aggressive-dean-and-sam-captured

- It gives some more information but there are SPOILERS here! - Still, that shouldn't stop anyone reading this thread as we are ALL discussing Season 10 now! :)

SFF
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
98. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 1:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

...And this one gives some possible explanations for why Cole is looking for Dean:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/35417-who-is-cole-in-supernatural-season-10-why-is-he-looking-for-dean-3-possible

Maybe we can discuss this?

SFF
kate38
kate38
99. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 7:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
"Hey Guys,

...And this one gives some possible explanations for why Cole is looking for Dean:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/35417-who-is-cole-in-supernatural-season-10-why-is-he-looking-for-dean-3-possible

Maybe we can discuss this?

SFF"

Hi, SFF!!
Thanks for sharing these links :)

Interesting theories, but I'm inclined to believe the synopsis the show released -- that Cole's father is dead and he blames Dean for that. As far as figuring out who he is, that still doesn't help us much, but I think you're right that the show's writers/producers wanted this character to come out of nowhere.

I find it MUCH more interesting that Hanna may try to help save Cas by listening to Metatron and possibly conspiring with him. There's no way THAT can end well. Metatron is a master liar and manipulator. Hanna should know better, but if she's falling in love with Cas and is desperate to save him, Metatron might seem like a reasonable risk.

I'm also a bit worried about the "new" side effects the Mark is having on Dean. As if turning him into a demon isn't enough, it's making him more violent and his need to kill is getting worse. Sounds like it will turn into a race against time to cure him somehow before he goes so far that they can't get him back.

Is it October 7th yet??????

Kate

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)