Discussion: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 101 - 107 of 107  |  Show  posts at a time
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
100. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 25 2014, 7:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
OKAY, so from what I read Cole is from Dean's past (Sam was never mentioned in this equation so maybe Cole doesn't know about Sam). He is supposed to be a good "hunter" but not in the supernatural sense and he doesn't know about the supernatural world.
So the choices brought up in the article don't mesh for me:
1.Cole being from the Boys Home days ? Why would he wait THIS long to find and kill Dean, If he had a grudge back then? And Cole seems to pack a serious arsenal from what we saw in some of the previews.
2. Cole being from Dean's past without Sam? Well, maybe, but that leaves a small window, doesn't it? Only between Sam going to Stanford and Dean getting him back? I thought I read somewhere that Cole was a kid, when he last met Dean. Also, the article said that they could have teamed up....Not possible, if Cole doesn't know about the supernatural world.
3. Cole being from Purgatory? Again, NOPE, if he is not familiar with the supernatural world...I guess, he would have figured that out pretty quick in Purgatory...

Soooo, I conclude, the article gets it totally wrong.
My new theory: Maybe WE don't know anything about the circumstances they met in yet, because the writers will give us a totally new glimpse in Dean's past!?

What'd ya think?

PNP
Do you find this valuable?    
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
101. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 26 2014, 2:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2014, 2:28 AM EDT
"
Hi, SFF!!
Thanks for sharing these links :)

Interesting theories, but I'm inclined to believe the synopsis the show released -- that Cole's father is dead and he blames Dean for that. As far as figuring out who he is, that still doesn't help us much, but I think you're right that the show's writers/producers wanted this character to come out of nowhere.

I find it MUCH more interesting that Hanna may try to help save Cas by listening to Metatron and possibly conspiring with him. There's no way THAT can end well. Metatron is a master liar and manipulator. Hanna should know better, but if she's falling in love with Cas and is desperate to save him, Metatron might seem like a reasonable risk.

I'm also a bit worried about the "new" side effects the Mark is having on Dean. As if turning him into a demon isn't enough, it's making him more violent and his need to kill is getting worse. Sounds like it will turn into a race against time to cure him somehow before he goes so far that they can't get him back.

Is it October 7th yet??????

Kate

"
Hey Kate,

I agree that it is more interesting - at least based on what we know now - that Hannah may conspire with Metatron to help Cas rather than what Cole's role appears to be in the Show - at least, that's assuming he doesn't do anything to Dean, demon or human!

We know from the Finale that Cas appeared resigned to his fate as he doesn't want to do anything wrong to save himself... Maybe Hannah's relying on Metatron being stuck in jail but that's likely a big mistake and it definitely won't end well if she works with him.

And these aren't "new" side-effects for Dean. It's just a continuation of how the Blade affected him as a human. I've been wondering ever since the Finale how it ...Continued...

SFF
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
102. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 26 2014, 2:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2014, 2:48 AM EDT
...Continued...

...will continue to affect him, what the writers will do to Dean's demonic character. Cain said he killed thousands before he turned on the Knights of Hell so it's not surprising demon-Dean gets too hot for Crowley to handle, although surely Crowley must have been expecting something like that as he knows a lot about the Blade... I think you might be right about the "race against time"! And it's only just over a week and a half to go! :)

SFF
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
103. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 26 2014, 3:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2014, 3:18 AM EDT
"OKAY, so from what I read Cole is from Dean's past (Sam was never mentioned in this equation so maybe Cole doesn't know about Sam). He is supposed to be a good "hunter" but not in the supernatural sense and he doesn't know about the supernatural world.
So the choices brought up in the article don't mesh for me:
1.Cole being from the Boys Home days ? Why would he wait THIS long to find and kill Dean, If he had a grudge back then? And Cole seems to pack a serious arsenal from what we saw in some of the previews.
2. Cole being from Dean's past without Sam? Well, maybe, but that leaves a small window, doesn't it? Only between Sam going to Stanford and Dean getting him back? I thought I read somewhere that Cole was a kid, when he last met Dean. Also, the article said that they could have teamed up....Not possible, if Cole doesn't know about the supernatural world.
3. Cole being from Purgatory? Again, NOPE, if he is not familiar with the supernatural world...I guess, he would have figured that out pretty quick in Purgatory...

Soooo, I conclude, the article gets it totally wrong.
My new theory: Maybe WE don't know anything about the circumstances they met in yet, because the writers will give us a totally new glimpse in Dean's past!?

What'd ya think?

PNP"
Hey PNP,

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Cole does know about Sam - it's in the synopsis for episode 2 - "Reichenbach" - which I've posted under Season 10 Episode 2 if you want to look at it.

I agree with ya about the Bustle article, mostly. I don't see how Cole could be from Purgatory if he's human and not thought to know about the supernatural world.

I also don't see how he could know Dean from Sonny's home - Dean seems to have led a non-supernatural life for the couple of months he was ...Continued...

SFF
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
104. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 26 2014, 3:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2014, 3:27 AM EDT
...Continued...

...living there and the idea of him being responsible for Cole's father's death while he was there is possible, I guess, but barely. Also that was twenty years ago so it's taken Cole a long time to catch up to Dean! :)

It's more likely Cole knows Dean from more recent times IMO. It could be from when he was Hunting without Sam but Cole does know Sam is Dean's brother so either Cole got friendly with Dean - enough for Dean to talk about Sam anyway - or it's possible he met Dean when he was with Sam.... Either way, I agree with ya that the writers will likely give us a completely new insight into Dean's past - we had a little snippet of that in "Repo Man" when we saw what happened to someone who was possessed and Dean beat the man up to get information from the demon within...

SFF
kate38
kate38
105. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 26 2014, 9:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2014, 9:09 AM EDT

I thought earlier this summer Jeremy Carver said that whatever interaction happened between the Winchesters and Cole happened is season 1. They said it was due to "something he had witnessed" when he was 10. Maybe they've changed their minds about the season 1 connection??? It wouldn't be the first time a story line has been revised.
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
106. RE: Discuss your hopes and fears for the Season 10 Opener - "Black"-
Sep 26 2014, 12:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
Kate,

I remember reading something about what Cole had witnessed as a child too - I can't remember if it was supposed to be Season 1 but it would have to be early or even way before that if Cole's an adult now (he looks way older than that anyway).

The only thing I can think is that Cole's Dad was somehow killed while Dean was taking down a monster and so he's blaming Dean 'cause of that...

SFF

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)