Discussion: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 64  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 | Next
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 5:00 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 5:03 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

So, the Styne family reappears tonight, and Charlie and Rowena have to work together to decipher the Book of the Damned - that can't end well for anyone! :)

On a more serious note, what will Dean do when he finally finds out the truth about Sam, Cas, Charlie and Rowena working together? What will he think of Sam saving the Book and letting Rowena have it and the Codex?

- Here's your chance to sound off with your hopes and fears for "Dark Dynasty" and your thoughts about this episode after it airs...

Let us know what you think... And then tell us what you loved and if not, what didn't you like so much after the episode airs.

SFF
Do you find this valuable?    
1raith
1raith
1. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 10:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 1:55 AM EDT
Well......that was one memorable episode. I don't know why but for some reason I felt uneasy from the start. I don't look at spoilers so I had no idea what was coming. First I'll talk about the 2nd biggest shock for me in this episode. The Stein family is actually the Frankenstein family-WOW what a twist. I loved that reveal. I wonder who is the grandaddy of the family, maybe the mad scientist who created the monster or the monster himself? Also, if they are real, does that mean Dracula could be real? Werewolves do exist, and now the Stein family. That would be an awesome BigBad for next season. What's worse is that one Stein got away and probably knows the location of the Bunker. Things are definitely not looking good for the boys.

As for the the big shocker, I am of course sad Charlie died. She was such a charming & great character. I always enjoyed each episode she was in. I really hoped she would live through til the end of the series, and beyond. I'm curious to know why she had to die. Did the show runners decided it was time for her to, Did Felicia clash with the writers or was she just too busy to do the show anymore? Now every time I rewatch an old ep of hers, I'm gonna think of tonight's episode :( One thing's for sure, Dean wants blood and that's exactly what the mark wants. Two more eps to go..

PS. I loved that hamster and Crowley's conversation with it.
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
2. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 10:46 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Hey Y'All,

I am LATE to the party and there are no comments yet???

OKAY - then here I go....

Although I had a sick suspicion for a while (At least a for couple of weeks) now that this would happen...pardon my rusty French, but :
WHAT THE effin' F-Word????

WHYYYYY? What does this accomplish??? (Sorry for spoiler alert but) CHARLIES IS DEAD???? WHYYYY???

Sure, it'll finally sent Dean off the deep end...but we could have accomplished that any other way!

Sure, this will create a even deeper rift between the Boys than anything before....but we really didn't need that, did we??? I was sooo happy that they were finally moving in the same direction again this season and on much better terms than in a while...

Sure, Felicia Day is busy....but couldn't we have sent Charlie on an indefinite leave of absence, preferably with a hot girl friend, to some happy local??? Why kill another wonderful, important, , strong, witty, smart, quirky, lovable, HUMAN female character???? Really???

IMO it was not necessary and didn't accomplish anything they could not have done otherwise....I am seriously heart broken and deeply saaaad!

Rest of the episode was great, though!

Loved the angle on the Franken-STYNE's ...very interesting family.

Rowena was funny, creepy and sinister.

Cas was hillarious about the snacks and trying to referee....when he barely understands human emotions much less the dynamics between two smart and sassy women.

And Jared did a great job bringing the point across that all this is totally slipping out of his control, but he is steadfastly believing that he is doing this for the right reasons and is justified to do so...."FOR DEAN"!!

Hells Bells what a giant mess and heartache!!!

PNP

PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
3. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 10:49 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 10:49 PM EDT
"Well......that was one memorable episode. I don't know why but for some reason I felt uneasy from the start. I don't look at spoilers so I had no idea what was coming. First I'll talk about the 2nd biggest shock for me in this episode. The Stein family is actually the Frankenstein family-WOW what a twist. I loved that reveal. I wonder who is the grandaddy of the family, maybe the mad scientist who created the monster or the monster himself? Also, if they are real, does that mean Dracula could be real? Werewolves do exist, and now the Stein family. That would be an awesome BigBad for next season. What's worse is that one Stein got away and probably knows the location of the Bunker. Things are definitely not looking good for the boys.

As for the the big shocker, I am of course sad Charlie died. She was such a charming & great character. I always enjoyed each episode she was in. I really hoped her she would live through til the end of the series, and beyond. I'm curious to know why had to die. Did the show runners decided it was time for her to, Did Felicia clash with the writers or was she just too busy to do the show anymore? Now every time I rewatch an old ep of hers, I'm gonna think of tonight's episode :( One thing's for sure, Dean wants blood and that's exactly what the mark wants. Two more eps to go..

PS. I loved that hamster and Crowley's conversation with it. "
Sorry - 1raith!! Our entries must have crossed!! OF COURSE, I didn't call your entry NO COMMENTS!

I did love the whole hamster convo, too!!

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
4. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:17 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:18 PM EDT
"Sorry - 1raith!! Our entries must have crossed!! OF COURSE, I didn't call your entry NO COMMENTS!

I did love the whole hamster convo, too!!

PNP"
Some of REALLY great moments:

The "triangle" NON conversation between Charlie, Cas and Rowena - all eyes, no words! Fantastic!

Cas bringing PORK RINDS as a snack to two girls!

The Styne dude ripping his own arm off.

Crowley playing darts as torture...he is finally edgy again.

Cas' pointless phone call to Sam, with Dean answering it and ending in "My ride's here"...lol
(Actually Cas had a lot of great moments in this one....being adorably overwhelmed by the referee job).

ALSO, do we think that Charlie maybe killed herself NOT to become a hostage?? It just occurred to me as a possibility??

PNP
vanillefang
vanillefang
5. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:29 PM EDT
Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing ok! I am not even gonna say anything......

Ah, good episode. Absolutely believe the Steins are gonna be our big bad next year, I think that will be fun. Loved the Frankenstein twist, and dude ripping his arm off? Awesome.

Btw, I got a definite Buffy vibe from Charlie emailing the codex. Jenny left the cure for Angel on the disk that Willow eventually used. I wonder if that was a subtle shout out?

I know I haven't been shy about my dislike for Charlie, but I know a lot of the fandom love her so I will tread lightly. I knew she was done when Rowena told her that her devotion to the Winchesters would be the death of her. Maybe they should have toned down the foreshadowing a bit. I can't help but remember how Kevin died- a direct result of Dean putting Gadriel into Sam. Now Charlie dies as a result of Sam deceiving Dean about the book 'o the Damned- I like the symmetry, but I have to wonder now how either brother will ever trust the other.

Next week looks like we might finally get the Dean Winchester we have been waiting for!
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
6. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:30 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Going to comment before I read the other comments.

I kinda had a bad feeling for awhile now that this would happen. One of my favorite characters ever. I knew it.

I'll get back to that...

For something so close to the finale, I thought this episode was weird and draggy (slow) and for what should have been an emotional loss, it was strangely devoid of emotion. Maybe he will next week, but Dean should have gone ballistic on Sam for putting Charlie in this position. And Sam should feel worse about this than Kevin.

A few complaints:
Nice Surface product placement AGAIN.
They keep re-using the same alleys and motel rooms.
The captured Stein sure spilled it all too easily.
Cheesey bloody arm stump.
The Steins WERE interesting and original (like a dark-side Men of Letters), until tonight. A Frankenstein ripoff??? Lame. Lazy writing. Not original. Come on!!!
Sam could not act more guilty if he tried.
Cas is HORRIBLE at finding people if he could not find Charlie. I thought he could search the world in an instant...and he couldn't find her?
Sam spilled it about the book pretty fast.

Instead of ramping up the tension, this one fell flat for me. Now Dean is going to take bloody revenge on the Steins because of Charlie which would feel sweet if we CARED about the Steins. As it has always been recently, the bad guys aren't developed enough or around long enough for me to feel good when bad things happen to them....
vanillefang
vanillefang
7. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:31 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
"Some of REALLY great moments:

The "triangle" NON conversation between Charlie, Cas and Rowena - all eyes, no words! Fantastic!

Cas bringing PORK RINDS as a snack to two girls!

The Styne dude ripping his own arm off.

Crowley playing darts as torture...he is finally edgy again.

Cas' pointless phone call to Sam, with Dean answering it and ending in "My ride's here"...lol
(Actually Cas had a lot of great moments in this one....being adorably overwhelmed by the referee job).

ALSO, do we think that Charlie maybe killed herself NOT to become a hostage?? It just occurred to me as a possibility??

PNP"
Hey PnP, I also found Crowley's dart game very amusing.

And I agree about Cas- I actually enjoyed him in what seems like forever.

journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
8. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:40 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
....oh yeah, and Mark Shepoard had to act opposite a HAMSTER???

I'll be in the same room as Robbie Thompson in a few days....someone's gotta ask him how he could allow them to kill Charlie (1raith...I DO think Felicia was too busy, sadly). I agree with you, PNaP, they should have sent her off with a hot girlfriend instead! I do like your idea that maybe Charlie killed herself to, essentially, save Dean by protecting whatever code she'd cracked. That would at least be self-sacrificing and noble in the SPN world. Sam and Dean had both better cry over her!

I thought the most effective moment of the whole thing was Sam looking like he was trying to keep from throwing up when he saw Charlie. With all they've seen...THAT was effective.

This one didn't do it for me. Lazy lazy writing in my opinion.
mford1967
mford1967
9. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:42 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
"Although I had a sick suspicion for a while (At least a for couple of weeks) now that this would happen...pardon my rusty French, but :
WHAT THE effin' F-Word????

WHYYYYY? What does this accomplish??? (Sorry for spoiler alert but) CHARLIES IS DEAD???? WHYYYY???

Sure, Felicia Day is busy....but couldn't we have sent Charlie on an indefinite leave of absence, preferably with a hot girl friend, to some happy local??? Why kill another wonderful, important, , strong, witty, smart, quirky, lovable, HUMAN female character???? Really???

IMO it was not necessary and didn't accomplish anything they could not have done otherwise....I am seriously heart broken and deeply saaaad!

Hells Bells what a giant mess and heartache!!!

PNP

"
I'm with you PNP!

I am officially in mourning. -_- I suspected/worried for awhile now that Charlie was heading toward this end, but it still SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand why Cas can't bring her back, but obviously, that's not gonna happen since we see her funeral pyre in the preview for the next episode. I DID love this episode, though, for all the reasons that everyone else has already said. I'm just SOOOOOOO SAD, right now.

Mford
vanillefang
vanillefang
10. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:48 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:48 PM EDT
Oh, one more thing- can anyone now disagree that the Winchesters should be avoided like the plague? Charlie, Kevin, Bobby, Ellen, etc- help Sam and Dean and die. Seriously, why would anyone who knows their history ever help them again?

journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
11. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:49 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:49 PM EDT
Yeah, Mford, WHY can't Cas bring her back??? He has his Grace now. But it does look like she's gone for good. I know you're okay with that, VF...

But, really, what...the... F u c k?

I know that it's all about Sam and Dean, but this show was so much richer when they had interesting, developed characters around them. Bobby. Jo. Ellen. Charlie. They are BETTER when they have those characters to play off of. Not worse. Can Jared and Jensen carry it alone? Yes. But it's not the best it can be.
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
12. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:51 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
"Btw, I got a definite Buffy vibe from Charlie emailing the codex. Jenny left the cure for Angel on the disk that Willow eventually used. I wonder if that was a subtle shout out?

I know I haven't been shy about my dislike for Charlie, but I know a lot of the fandom love her so I will tread lightly. I knew she was done when Rowena told her that her devotion to the Winchesters would be the death of her. Maybe they should have toned down the foreshadowing a bit. I can't help but remember how Kevin died- a direct result of Dean putting Gadriel into Sam. Now Charlie dies as a result of Sam deceiving Dean about the book 'o the Damned- I like the symmetry, but I have to wonder now how either brother will ever trust the other.

Next week looks like we might finally get the Dean Winchester we have been waiting for!"
YES, YES, I totally thought the same, but had to rein in my geekdom a little...
It would be cool if it was meant as a shout out....Buffy/Angel definitely paved a lot of paths for shows like SPN, don't you think?
Remember, Jenny saved the cure for Angel on a FLOPPY...hahaha!

I also agree with you on the symmetry between Kevin's and Charlie's death each being indirectly caused by Sam and Dean!

How will they get past that??? Very good question!!! I suspect - taking a BREAK from each other and separating consciously for a while!

And THANKS for treading lighly for us CHARLIE fans!!
The Queen of Moons will be SORELY missed!!!! All hail the Queen!!!

PNP
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
13. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:56 PM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2015, 11:56 PM EDT
I am wishfully thinking that maybe Charlie is not dead...that Cas could save her and her hunter's funeral next week is all staged to throw off the Steins. I wish they'd do that, but she's probably really gone. Something HAPPY....now that would be a REAL twist. Do you find this valuable?    
mford1967
mford1967
14. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 6 2015, 11:59 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
"Cas is HORRIBLE at finding people if he could not find Charlie. I thought he could search the world in an instant...and he couldn't find her?"
Hey JBB,

I think Cas could only search the world when his wings were intact. Since he can't teleport/fly anymore, he would have had to look for her the old fashioned way, and since Sam told him he couldn't leave Rowena alone, I don't think he even TRIED to find Charlie. I think that's why he was calling Sam, so HE could look for her. Just my opinion.

Mford
vanillefang
vanillefang
15. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 7 2015, 12:02 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 12:02 AM EDT
"I am wishfully thinking that maybe Charlie is not dead...that Cas could save her and her hunter's funeral next week is all staged to throw off the Steins. I wish they'd do that, but she's probably really gone. Something HAPPY....now that would be a REAL twist."
Something happy? Have we been watching same show, lol!
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
16. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 7 2015, 12:04 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 12:04 AM EDT
Oh, I know it will likely never happen, but really, wouldn't Charlie NOT being dead be a truly surprising twist? Do you find this valuable?    
vanillefang
vanillefang
17. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 7 2015, 12:06 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
"YES, YES, I totally thought the same, but had to rein in my geekdom a little...
It would be cool if it was meant as a shout out....Buffy/Angel definitely paved a lot of paths for shows like SPN, don't you think?
Remember, Jenny saved the cure for Angel on a FLOPPY...hahaha!

I also agree with you on the symmetry between Kevin's and Charlie's death each being indirectly caused by Sam and Dean!

How will they get past that??? Very good question!!! I suspect - taking a BREAK from each other and separating consciously for a while!

And THANKS for treading lighly for us CHARLIE fans!!
The Queen of Moons will be SORELY missed!!!! All hail the Queen!!!

PNP"
A floppy. I think I can remember what they looked like!

PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
18. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 7 2015, 12:13 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 12:13 AM EDT
"For something so close to the finale, I thought this episode was weird and draggy (slow) and for what should have been an emotional loss, it was strangely devoid of emotion.

A few complaints:
Nice Surface product placement AGAIN.
They keep re-using the same alleys and motel rooms.
The captured Stein sure spilled it all too easily.
Cheesey bloody arm stump.
The Steins WERE interesting and original (like a dark-side Men of Letters), until tonight. A Frankenstein ripoff??? Lame. Lazy writing. Not original. Come on!!!
Sam could not act more guilty if he tried.
Cas is HORRIBLE at finding people if he could not find Charlie. I thought he could search the world in an instant...and he couldn't find her?
Sam spilled it about the book pretty fast.
"
Hey JBB,

I'm really sorry you felt it being a lame episode!!!

Although, I, too, suspected and dreaded this outcome, I did enjoy the story development!

The Styne thing being the legacy of the Frankenstein Monsters, I thought, was an interesting twist of introducing an ancient /biologically enhanced human threat that has a monster back ground but is also an evil dynasty...could definitely be a challenging adversary for the Boys!

I think the Styne guy spilled his knowledge because he truly didn't feel bothered or threatened by Sam and Dean....and thinks that his family is superior in any way and it simply doesn't matter, if the Winchesters understand what they are up against...

Don't we WANT Sam to feel guilty??? He is acting like a crazy, reckless fool at the moment.
And, imo, there was really no way for Sam to hide his actions anymore!! Plus the guily over lying was probably eating him from the inside for a while now,

Where I DO agree with you is that Cas is definitely NOT back up to his old strength and tricks! He can't find or "fly" in and save Charlie??

PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
19. RE: Let's all talk about "Dark Dynasty" here!
May 7 2015, 12:17 AM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
"Something happy? Have we been watching same show, lol!"
Very True, VF....

Valar Morghulis!!

PNP
2 3 4 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)