Discussion: Let's all talk about The Season 10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 78  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 | Next
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
Let's all talk about The Season 10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 14 2015, 8:49 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2015, 8:49 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

So, will this be the last we see of Dean with the Mark, or even Demon-Dean?

- What will Dean's "shocking decision" be and how will it involve Sam?

Plus Crowley VS his Mom, and Castiel in the middle? - This doesn't bode well for our angel!

This promises to be an excellent episode, but it definitely sounds like a hard one to watch and likely to leave us with a major cliffhanger over the Hellatus!

- Here's your chance to sound off with your hopes and fears for "Brother's Keeper" and your thoughts about this episode after it airs.

Let us know what you think... And then tell us what you loved and if not, what didn't you like so much after you've watched the episode.

SFF
Do you find this valuable?    
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
1. RE: Let's all talk about The Season 10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 14 2015, 9:43 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2015, 9:46 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

I spotted this on www.ibtimes.co.uk today:

"Supernatural season 10 finale is pegged to be more traumatic than that of season 9 where Dean transformed into the knight of hell...

...Jared Padalecki while speaking at Seattle's Salute to Supernatural, dished about filming the final episode of season 10.

'We are filming the final arc of season 10 right now and it's one of those really intense final arcs, I mean it's probably the most intense I can remember since like season five or something like that,' Padalecki said.

'These final episodes are very traumatic,' he cautioned.

Production coordinator Jason Fischer also teased a surprising finale."

- I don't think it will be as simple as Death just curing Dean - either that or his condition will be something terrible, with consequences well into next Season.

Here's a link to the article, which also has some more comments:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/supernatural-season-10-finale-spoilers-actor-teases-very-traumatic-episodes-ahead-will-dean-1494948

SFF
ncsupnatfan
ncsupnatfan
2. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 14 2015, 9:03 PM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2015, 9:03 PM EDT
We're talking about Death here, what does he need or want? He can have whatever he desires so what could he want from Dean that will be life changing for him and for Sam? Maybe Dean wants Sam now since he was taken from him when Dean tricked Sam into letting Gadreel possess him???
NC
kate38
kate38
3. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 14 2015, 9:12 PM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
"We're talking about Death here, what does he need or want? He can have whatever he desires so what could he want from Dean that will be life changing for him and for Sam? Maybe Dean wants Sam now since he was taken from him when Dean tricked Sam into letting Gadreel possess him???
NC"
The last time Death made Dean make a deal (to get Sam's soul back), it was to teach Dean a lesson -- not because Death actually wanted something he couldn't get otherwise. So maybe this "bargain" will be along similar lines. What lesson does Dean need to learn now?

Kate
reaperlove
reaperlove
4. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 15 2015, 1:12 AM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2015, 1:12 AM EDT
Why is the scythe so huge, isn't it normally more the size of a sickle? Does that mean there are more souls to reap at once or a special soul. Death wanted Dean to see the bigger picture in Samarra, talked about personal choice the last time they met, though I'm not sure the boys need more lessons in how dire the consequences of a wrong decision made for the right reasons can be. Maybe Death wants him to " mop up the mess" ( take the souls of those who died because of him accepting the MoC) himself this time? Do you find this valuable?    
ncsupnatfan
ncsupnatfan
5. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 15 2015, 4:39 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Caught the ad for the season finale and stopped it and went through one slide at a time and saw a woman's face in the bowl that Rowena was trying to cast a spell with. So I'm thinking that was a soul in there and she was trying to cast some dangerous spell. I thinking now Death wants Dean to take his place. Not sure how that would work, but maybe he would rule over all deaths. Would he decide who died or not? Another thing to think about.
NC
reaperlove
reaperlove
6. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 15 2015, 5:45 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
I agree that Rowena definetly casts a dangerous spell, most likely not to remove the MoC because Dean isn`t around .. But why does Crowleys presence there seem to be so crucial that cas bargains with him? Something rowena convinced him to do so she can get to her son?
If Dean is supposed to become Death, why does he give him that scythe and not the ring?
Wandlimb
Wandlimb
7. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 15 2015, 6:45 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
OK, if we are speculating, I will give it a shot.

Crowley, learning of Sam's plan and Rowena's possession of the Book of the Damned, comes to Dean with an alternate cure - death's scythe, which can kill anything, permanently. And, he has a threat, unless Dean agrees to commit suicide using Death’s scythe, Crowley’s hell hounds will kill Sam.
Dean says he is willing to give his own life to save Sam. Just as Dean’s about to fall on his scythe, a sly smile spreads across his face. He plays the card up his sleeve, making one last-ditch attempt to get Crowley to call off the hellhounds. Crowley, in a final, devastating twist, falls on the scythe himself. Now Dean’s only recourse is to kill himself, too. Arriving too late, Sam and Cas look on helplessly as Dean impales himself.

Next season -- Sam travels back in time to save Dean.

Wanda

PS - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
8. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 3:58 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 3:58 PM EDT

GODS, Wanda.....what a theory!! Intriguing....and intense!

Ok, somehow in my gutt, I think that we are loosing the MoC tonight, but we are also loosing Sam!

So here is MY theory:

I think the promo shots and the clips are ut of sequence...I suspect that the meeting with Death, Sam and Dean in the same room comes BEFORE the meeting of Sam, Cas and Rowena...

DEATH will probably present a straight up choice to Dean....no doubt insanely hard to make, but a choice. Maybe it is the choice of only one Winchester to remain alive....?? Dean will refuse that, of course, offering himself up. Sam pleads with him to give him one more chance to fix it with Rowena.

Rowena on the other hand will keep "negotiating" with Sam and I think she will trick him in some way shape or form, I order to free herself and disappear with the book (to be dealt with in the future). She will 'sell' the effect to Sam as being the thing to rid Dean of the Mark, but the true price for the BoD spell used will be Sam's life.

Dean left behind in the bar with Death finds out about Sam's death and offers up his own life in the very end....to get rid of the MoC and his existence...will Death take him?

And we will sit hanging all summer to theorize HOW they'll get out of that one next season....

However it goes tonight - GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!

PNP
vanillefang
vanillefang
9. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 3:58 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Everybody ready for the season finale?

Real quick last minute prediction (I am always wrong, but I like to play!):

Death has Dean kill Metatron- Dean does, but his mark is not removed by Death. Rowena does the spell, it actually works, but there is some catastrophic
cost. Sam probably does something stupid, or nothing at all. Been that way for him lately. At the end, Dean and Sam are not together- Sam is trying to fix whatever Rowena did (most likely becoming obsessed) and Dean quits- last scene is Dean walking alone on a beach.

Hey Wanda, if we end up with a dead Winchester this year I will be extremely disappointed......

But in any case, it can't be as awful as last weeks GoT, can it? Poor Sansa......
vanillefang
vanillefang
10. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 4:02 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 4:02 PM EDT
"
GODS, Wanda.....what a theory!! Intriguing....and intense!

Ok, somehow in my gutt, I think that we are loosing the MoC tonight, but we are also loosing Sam!

So here is MY theory:

I think the promo shots and the clips are ut of sequence...I suspect that the meeting with Death, Sam and Dean in the same room comes BEFORE the meeting of Sam, Cas and Rowena...

DEATH will probably present a straight up choice to Dean....no doubt insanely hard to make, but a choice. Maybe it is the choice of only one Winchester to remain alive....?? Dean will refuse that, of course, offering himself up. Sam pleads with him to give him one more chance to fix it with Rowena.

Rowena on the other hand will keep "negotiating" with Sam and I think she will trick him in some way shape or form, I order to free herself and disappear with the book (to be dealt with in the future). She will 'sell' the effect to Sam as being the thing to rid Dean of the Mark, but the true price for the BoD spell used will be Sam's life.

Dean left behind in the bar with Death finds out about Sam's death and offers up his own life in the very end....to get rid of the MoC and his existence...will Death take him?

And we will sit hanging all summer to theorize HOW they'll get out of that one next season....

However it goes tonight - GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!

PNP"
Hey PnP, I think you are right about losing the mark- but I really hope you are wrong about Sam! I really don't want to end this year with a dead/dying/demonic/angelic Winchester......

But it is a good theory! Wanda's was also pretty good, mine is a bit generic lol. I wish I was as creative as you guys!
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
11. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 4:58 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

Some intriguing and inventive theories here! :)

I haven't really got one - just a collection of maybes - but I think Rowena may find what she is looking for in the Book of the Damned, to kill Crowley and maybe make herself Queen of the Damned (Hell), displacing her son.

I agree with Kate, Death can't need anything from Dean, with or without the Mark, so I think he will want to teach Dean something else - maybe that he should have let Sam die when he wanted to and not trick him into being possessed by anything, even an angel, to save his life?

- Death came down to take Sam's soul personally and I imagine he thinks Dean cheated to save Sam's life and he's said before that they come back so many times they are an affront to the cosmic balance. He may want some redress, some order to be restored.

...Then there's Metatron, with the demon tablet. He wants his grace back so maybe he's already made a deal with Rowena, to take down Cas and find his grace? Or maybe he'll give up on being an angel as he can't be God any more and settle to rule Hell with Rowena - this last "prediction" makes me smile! :)

The BIG question is, what will happen to Dean and Sam? I think Dean has already (mostly) succumbed to the dark side. When Cas told him he didn't want to hurt him (or something similar), Dean said he didn't think that would be a problem and I think he meant that he was so strong now with the Mark that Cas couldn't do anything against him. I know it's been mooted that Cas maybe didn't use his full strength against Dean for fear of hurting him but he had no real problem restraining Dean when he was a demon (and supposedly stronger) and about to kill Sam so I think this time, the Mark has grown so much in influence and maybe Dean killing all the Stynes has ...Cont'd

SFF
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
12. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 5:05 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 5:14 PM EDT
...Continued...

...pushed him over the edge. Maybe Dean is as strong as Cain now?

- I CANNOT see Dean killing Sam, no matter that this has been pushed for so long as the outcome. I CAN Dean trying to save Sam from Death / Metatron / Rowena in a last-ditch burst of his failing humanity. Sam found the strength to banish Lucifer for a little while to save his brother in the Season 5 Finale and I expect no less from Dean - in fact, symmetry-wise, this could be the situation here at the end of Season 10.

For Dean to die two Seasons in a row seems unlikely, so I think they will both continue, alive but maybe changed... Changed by Rowena's spell - the backlash may be on Sam as he instigated her access to the Book of the Damned, or she'll make sure he pays the price - or maybe a condition of Death's help, or even Metatron wanting to get his own back on the Winchesters - he's a spiteful little b**** when all's said and done...

Anyway, just some thoughts in advance of tonight's epic... :)

SFF
spnfanforever
spnfanforever
13. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 5:23 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

Fingers crossed tonight will be an AWESOME episode - up there with other great Season Finales - and that we can live with the outcome over the loooonnngg summer Hellatus! :)

SFF
ncsupnatfan
ncsupnatfan
14. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 7:09 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 7:09 PM EDT
Right there with everyone. So many ways this could go, none of which looks good for the Winchesters. Let's just hope it will be one that will keep us talking about it for a while and hold us through to the fall
NC
blaecsable
blaecsable
15. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 10:03 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
I was breathless...still recovering !!
ncsupnatfan
ncsupnatfan
16. RE: Let's all talk about The S 10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 10:14 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
OK, what a way to end the season. Really leaving us in the dark as to what happened to Crowley and Castiel and Dean and Sam. Will the Darkness take on some type of form that they will have to fight or will it take over their souls making them dark too. Can't be good with Rowena having the book of the dead. I'm sure the book will play some part in containing the Darkness maybe. As big as they portray it, how will they be able to lock it back away? No more archangels to fight it. Well there is Lucifer, and Michael in the cage. Will they have to release them and allow them to possess them to fight this next evil? Interesting thought.

Death gone? Is he really? If he is gone is there no more death for humans?

Kudos to the guys for their acting in this one. Sam really pulled it off and Dean was so serious, even when he said he was going to kill him, I knew he couldn't. It was like with Zackariha (however you spell it) when they were in the white room and he was suppose to say yes. Dean killed him instead.

It's going to be a long-long summer. Can't wait to see what others have to say about this one.
NC
ncsupnatfan
ncsupnatfan
17. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 10:14 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
The ending killed me
vanillefang
vanillefang
18. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 10:15 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Um ok, that just happened.....

Well, I didn't expect that! Death? How does that even happen, or is he even dead?

I didn't love it but I didn't hate it- really not sure. I loved the Sam/Dean scenes, Dean and Death was awesome as usual. Need to watch this one again!
1raith
1raith
19. RE: Let's all talk about The S10 Finale, "Brother's Keeper", here!
May 20 2015, 10:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2015, 10:19 PM EDT
Wow......just WOW. I didn't think they can beat season 8's finale, but they did. My God, that was incredible. 10 yrs and it still manages to amazing, VERY few shows in tv history has that honor.

First Half was ok, and was Rudy there in an other episode? They made it seem like he appeared before. Something tells that was supposed to be Cole but I think he's become popular. So which means I expect them to kill him next season -_-

I loved the intro. They took a bit from the musical and finished with Kansas' traditional song. Not only did the plot get better, but so did the acting. Both Jared and Jensen had some of their best performances, ever! I don't care, they DESERVE Emmys and every other award. Dean looking at the picture of his mother and changing facial expression was priceless. I admit I was tearing up when Sam was looking up when Dean was about to kill him. The look in his eyes were powerful. And when he looked so sad and defeated, I remembered that Tweet Jared wrote and how horrible how must've felt. That's the scene when I started to cry a bit. I couldn't take it anymore, I felt bad for both Sam and Jared at the same time. That is the mark of a real actor.

I have to rewatch- so why did Dean had to Sam? Was it the only way to leave with Death? and WTH!?! Dean killed Death? I doubt he's dead-he's Death afterall. Regardless, when he gets back, he will NOT be happy at all. I knew Rowena would escape, and she temporarily enchanted Cas to kill Crowley. Now for the Darkness. Now we know why God created Earth, to fight the Darkness. Was it me, or did the red lightning travel to Hell and extracted all the demons to create that veil of darkness? What a phenomenal season finale.

2 3 4 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)