Season 15 Episode 14
Airdate: October 8, 2020
Directed by Eduardo Sanchez
Written by Jeremy Adams
Summary: Sam and Dean discover a wood nyph named Mrs. Butters living in the bunker (reactivated after a long dormant period) who used to work as a sort of house mother for the original men of letters. She proceeds to give them the holidays they missed as children and everything seems to be going well with the new addition until she becomes suspicious about Jack and his abilities.
- Dean: Meat Man! Comin' to town! (said as he heads back to the kitchen to make burgers)
- Dean: Shouldn't you be in the woods somwhere...nymphing?
- Dean: Well, that's very progressive. (In reply to Mrs. Butters talking about her domestic role with the 1950's Men of Letters.)
- Sam: Even if she is what she says she is - Dean: A magic Roomba?
- Dean: We are SO keeping her.
- Dean: Heavy on the "something". (In response to Sam saying he thought he'd go on a date with Eileen while she's in town, "or something")
- Dean: Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Alex Calvert (Jack Kline)
- What ELSE is living in the bunker?
- What were they hunting that required Thor's hammer AND a grendade launcher?
- Has Dean mostly forgiven Jack for Mary's death now?
- Where is Cas?
- The Men of Letters weren't always great people (they essentially enslaved Mrs. Butters and brainwashed her to keep her from leaving).
- The bunker has been in "standby" mode this whole time, not operating a full power - they find out it has actual monster radar to make tracking monsters incredibly easy. Of course they lose all of this by the end of the episode as it was the wood nymph's power that allowed the bunker to operate at full capacity; and that power is lost when they let her go.
- Billie has said that Amara must be killed along with God to keep the balance.
- The bunker looks beautiful with Christmas lights.
- There is an "interdimensional" geoscope (the telescope) in the bunker which only works when the bunker is at full power.
- Wood nyphs can heal (Mrs. Butters heals Sam's hand).
- Dean owns a pair of Scooby Doo boxers (underwear).
- Sam returned from his date with Eileen MINUS the tie he was wearing when he left. Indicating it went well.
- Mrs. Butters magically repairs the TV in Dean's man cave that was broken in the Scoobynatural episode.
- (Credit to the SuperWiki for this one, but it's too cool not to include:) One of the sigils that Mrs. Butters "absorbs" into her body when she puts the bunker in standby mode is a Twanas symbol; also known as the Stick Man Charm from the movie The Blair Witch Project which was directed by this episode's director Eduardo Sanchez.
- This is the second holiday-themed episode where Sam has had his fingernails pulled out by the baddie of the week (the other being A Very Supernatural Christmas).
- Dean looks through the interdimensional "geoscope" and says he sees nothing - perhaps a reference to God/Chuck destroying all other worlds and perhaps there are no other dimensions left in existence to see through the scope.
- Dean refers to the video game Mario Brothers when talking about fixing the plumbing in the bunker.
- Dean calls Mrs. Butters "Nurse Ratched" - a reference to the evil nurse from the movie "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest".
- Dean tells Jack that "pain is just weakness leaving the body" which is a mantra of the US Marine Corp.
- Cleaning Up the Town (the montage) - The BusBoys