Reply To: Let’s all talk about Hollywood Babylon (S2 E18)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Hollywood Babylon (S2 E18) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Hollywood Babylon (S2 E18)

PigNaPoke
    October 10, 2021 at 11:04 am #10243

I completely agree with both of you.

Not a horrible episode for me, but not exactly interesting either.

The “controlling of supernatural elements” part of the story was noting really new but I did enjoy that it came from a writer here! As perceived criticism about loosing your creative agency when giving something that cost you time and heart blood up to be devoured by the many parts of the entertainment industry I found it effective. And that it’s basically self-inflicted hurt that will ultimately bite you in the ass, was the right conclusion to me.

The look behind the scenes was not insightful enough to really make an impression on me back on first watch because back then I had very little clue or info about how a TV set works. At the time I didn’t get many of the insider jokes and found it boring. And now that I feel I do know much more about it I think it’s not digging deep enough or critical enough to make it really sarcastically funny, like “French Mistake” seemed to be.

I liked the Dean parts the best – him geeking out on his favorite Horror actress and getting into his pretend job and everything to do with that.

I don’t have much more to say about that one.

PNP