Reply To: Let’s all talk about All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 1 (S2 E21)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 1 (S2 E21) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 1 (S2 E21)

PigNaPoke
    October 24, 2021 at 1:49 pm #10521

Speaking of annoying, this was the episode that really made me dislike Mary. In Sam’s flashback, Mary clearly recognized Azazel, which means she remembered her deal and chose to ignore it. She was from a line of hunters going all the way back to the Mayflower, had access to the family library, and extensive resources. She could’ve at least looked for a way to break her deal. Bobby figured a way out in a year – Mary had ten. She could’ve told John THE TRUTH about who she was, and the two of them could’ve found a way out together. Ignoring her deal was naïve, selfish, and illogical.

I am 100% with you on this, kate! I never forgave Mary for that either.

Of course, I can understand that she wanted OUT of the Hunting life and wanted to have a family. As with Dean (and Sam) no one should be forced to live their entire life like that, if they don’t feel it’s right for them, however, as you said she could have told John the truth and explained that in order to get out of the life they would have to take care of this one thing together to protect their family.

From a story point, though,…we would have NO SPN if Mary had acted differently. HAHAHA. And I appreciate how it makes it all so complicated with her wanting out so her family wouldn’t have to live like that and causing the exact outcome by being selfish.

PNP