Reply To: Let’s all talk about Inherit the Earth (S15 E19)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Inherit the Earth (S15 E19) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Inherit the Earth (S15 E19)

PigNaPoke
    November 14, 2020 at 8:59 am #3433

Kate and Shannon,

All VERY interesting, well-argued and valued points!
    I do agree with you in parts.

Yes, I would have loved more of a reasoning WHY Chuck suddenly turned into what he became.

Yes, this season seemed mostly fan service and an endless parade of cameos written for the younger and less deeply involved fans.

Yes, there are a myriad of ways I could have seen this play out that I would have liked better.

BUT, I decided for myself that I want to be grateful that all the main players gave so much of their professional life and career to us.

I decided for myself to always look (HARDER than it was necessary in earlier seasons) for the positive and the things I still enjoyed and the performances which kept getting better in my opinion instead of letting the parts that bugged me win out.

And I feel, mostly after listening to a good number of actor and writer and producer podcast interviews (mostly not SPN related) this year, that I know woefully little about the push and pull in a creative team that makes up and TV Series production!!! I learned a little bit about how much.the network and studio do get involved with the writing process when the writer’s vision differs from the way the money trail seems to go. I was pretty shocked about that as I could see that as greatly frustrating for the creative process.

I don’t mean to say that ALL the seemingly lazy and partially inconsistent writing in S15 stems from such conflict, BUT I have more of a tolerance for it now.

Things like adding Jack in such big and expanding re was clearly a wish of the network to satisfy the younger audience members by having “their own” character.

Anyhow, I completely understand your qualms and I, too, wish the show would have played out with purely us “old guard” in mind, but I am hugely grateful that I had a show I mostly loved for FIFTEEN years. And no matter how bumpy the road became at times, I still rather travel it than stop.