Reply To: Let’s all talk about – The Winchesters – Hang on to Your Life! (S1 E8)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about – The Winchesters – Hang on to Your Life! (S1 E8) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about – The Winchesters – Hang on to Your Life! (S1 E8)

Stedan
    January 25, 2023 at 7:39 pm #39532

I wasn’t able to watch the episode live, so I had already seen some spoilers on twitter, which seemed like a battlefield today. It seemed a lot of people had a problem with the episode. I get where they are coming from, the show gets farther from everything we know about Supernatural.

I don’t have that much of a probem with it because I trust that Jensen wouldn’t destroy Supernatural’s legacy and it seems to me that he want that Supernatural reboot more than anyone. So changing the Supernatural canon wouldn’t make any sense. But what I don’t get is, why they let us so much in the dark. I had the theory from the start that what this is about a changed history and Dean is fighting to get “our” Supernatural back. I actually would really like that as a storyline. But if that is what this is about, why wait then until the last episode for everything to make sense.

Besides that I enjoyed the episode. I liked the focus on Carlos, who seems to become my favorite character of the Winchesters. And he really can sing.

I have a bit of a problem with Samuel. I like the “new” Samuel, but shouldn’t they stick with his Supernatural characteristic ? Wanting Mary out of the hunting live was the last thing that our Samuel wanted. And as far as I remember he never really knew much about the mol. I liked Tom Welling’s performance, but this is not the Samuel Campell we know.

I was a bit confused about the Loki storyline aswell. First, who was that ? Was that Gabriel aka the trickster or the real Loki ? And why was he doing, what he was doing. Just for the fun of torturing people. The trickster was more about just deserts, playing games with people who he thought deserved it. So I don`t get his incitement in this.

And I still don’t really care about Mary. It might be the acting, I just don’t feel for her. But overall I’ve enjoyed the episode. I just wish, I could either seperate this more in my head from Supernatural or and I would prefer that, they would let us know a bit more about the backstory of all of this. I really don’t get what is the purpose of this secretivness. I think they are loosing viewers, the ratings were not good.