Reply To: Let’s All Talk about The Devil You Know (S5 E20)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s All Talk about The Devil You Know (S5 E20) / Reply To: Let’s All Talk about The Devil You Know (S5 E20)

PigNaPoke
    April 23, 2023 at 7:38 pm #52180

LOVED early Crowley!!! He was so much more British in his dialogue with things like “fancy a fag and a chat” and such.

Mark S. is so fun to watch in his character choices, speech patterns, gestures. A real delight.

And he has such great dialogue and the perfect way to deliver it. The fact that “they ate my taylor” is so much more important than the burnt down house….lol.

He is SO DEVIOUS!! And completely unapologetic! Love him so much.

Glad to see Eric Jonson as Brady. He was Whitney on Smallville for all of season 1 and 2 and I really liked the actor. He was totally sweet, earnest and square in Smallville as Lana Lang’s boyfriend and he’s so evil here. Nice job.

LOVE the scene with Sam and Bobby on the phone! It’s a rare moment of total open conversation between them. Sam lets himself be vulnerable in asking for Bobby’s opinion on his plan, before even alluding to Dean about it, and Bobby is immediately and wonderfully “fatherly” protective.

I thought the most important insight in this episode was the interesting twist with Brady being part of Sam’s past and how demons were placed around him to plant game pieces and keep Sam on track! And the fact that Brady is the one who killed Jessica was particularly hurtful. (There’s a lot of iconic Sam slanted “cat eye look” in this episode. HAHA. Poor guy’s constantly pissed or suspicious) GLAD that Sam’s view of the bigger picture won out over his impulse to kill Brady at the first encounter!

GODS, I wouldn’t use water from the GRIMEY sinks Sam and Dean keep using!! YUCK.

I LOVE the moment where Dean catches the coin and Sam barks “I TOLD you” and Dean does the funny little body wiggle and says “Well, good for youuuu.” Too funny.

The hellhound standoff and fight is AWESOME!! I hope they’ll talk about HOW that was done in the SPN Then and Now podcast when they get to this episode!

The scene with Sam killing Brady is a little superfluous to me. I like that Dean lets Sam have some revenge on the demon on Brady, but we don’t learn anything new in the scene and it drags on too long.

Bobby and Crowley together are also great fun to watch! I am not crazy for the idea that Bobby would agree to sell his soul to Crowley for Death’s location….but then we don’t know yet what selling your soul does to you.

Even though not much happens in this episode, I really enjoy it because of all the Crowley time!

PNP