FAN FICTION *** 200th Episode ***
airdate: November 11, 2014
directed by Philip Sgriccia
written by Robbie Thompson
|SUPERNATURAL CELEBRATES ITS 200TH EPISODE — When Dean and Sam investigate the disappearance of a teacher, they are stunned to see the school is putting on a musical based on their lives. Familiar faces abound in this milestone episode.|
- Dean: What are they doing?
Marie: Oh, uh they're rehearsing the "BM" scene.
Dean: The bowel movement scene?
Marie: No, the boy melodrama scene... You know the scene where the boys get together and their driving or leaning against Baby, drinking a beer, sharing their feelings. The two of them alone, but together -- bonded, united, the power of their pain is-
Dean: Why are they standing so close together?
Dean: You know they're brothers, right.
Marie: Well, duh. But subtext.
- Dean: You wrote your own ending, with spaceships.
Marie: And robots, and some ninjas, and then Dean becomes a woman... It's just for a few scenes.
- Calliope: Supernatural has everything. Life, death, resurrection, redemption -- but above all, family. All set to music you can really tap your toe to. It isn't some meandering piece of genre dreck, it's... epic.
- Can we get to 400+ episodes?
- Will we still be watching Supernatural in 2025 or later?
- Will Jensen and Jared's family be almost grown up by the time our favorite actors hang up their guns?
- Will Dean and Sam get their just rewards - there'll be peace when you are done?
- The producers and writers of Supernatural do love their fans - really!
- There is room for (alternative) fan fiction!
- This week was a love letter to all us fans!
- The movie Rushmore is an inspiration for this episode according to Robbie Thompson.
- The meaning of a 'BM' scene was a real life experience for Robbie Thompson when he joined the show. He didn't know it meant "boy melodrama".
- The appearance of "Adam" in the final number was meant to address ongoing fan comments about how he was rarely mentioned in the show.
- The boys are staying in Room 200 in the motel, a reference to the fact this is the 200th episode.
- Siobhan removed the amulet because it kept hitting her in the lips. That's the same reason Jensen stopped wearing it!
- "Sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot
- "The Road So Far" by Jay Gruska, Tim Pierce & Alyssa Lynch
- "I'll Just Wait Here Then" by Jay Gruska, Tim Pierce & Nina Winkler
- "A Single Man Tear" by Christopher Lennertz, Cameron Stone, Alyssa Lynch & Katie Sarife
- "Carry On Wayward Son" arrangement by Jay Gruska, Vivien Amour, Alyssa Lynch, Kelli Ogmundson, Katie Sarife, Rachel Warkentin & Nina Winkler
Scroll down to see threads associated with this episode.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Let's all talk about "Fan Fiction" - the 200th EPISODE - here!(page: 1 2 3 4)||67||Nov 23 2014, 4:46 PM EST byspnfanforever|
Thread started: Oct 29 2014, 5:55 AM EDT Watch
Well, we're here - finally! - Looking forward to the 200th EPISODE!! YAAYYY!!!
Who would have thought we'd still be going strong 10 YEARS after the start of our most favourite Show? 🙂
...So The Boys' lives are being turned into a musical? It had to happen sometime, right, after Chuck's books in Season 4?! - Are you worried? Do you think it will be a triumph ...or a disaster? 🙂
Here's your chance to sound off with your hopes (and fears) for "Fan Fiction" and your thoughts about this episode after it airs. 🙂
Let us know what you think... And then tell us what you loved about it - let your positive thoughts flow for this landmark episode...
Oh, and let's see if we can get to 200 posts for this episode, huh? 🙂