Episode 11.12: Don't You Forget About Me
Into the Mystic
Season 11 Episode 11
airdate: January 27, 2016
directed by John Badham
written by Robbie Thompson
|Residents of a retirement home only 15 minutes from the bunker are dying after bashing their heads in inside locked apartments. Sam and Dean investigate and discover not only a monster, but someone with whom they have a lot in common.|
- "I WOULDN'T DO THIS WITHOUT MY BROTHER. HE'S AT MY BACK EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. EVEN WHEN I LET HIM DOWN."
Sam to Eileen
- "I SHOULDA LOOKED FOR YOU. WHEN YOU WERE IN PURGATORY I SHOULDA TURNED OVER EVER STONE, BUT I DIDN'T. I STOPPED. AND I'VE NEVER FORGIVEN MYSELF FOR IT."
Sam to Dean
- "WELL, I HAVE."
Dean to Sam
- "ALL THAT MATTERS NOW...ALL THAT'S EVER MATTERED...IS THAT WE'RE TOGETHER SO SHUT UP AND DRINK YOUR BEER."
Dean to Sam
|Dee Wallace (Mildred)||Shoshannah Stern (Eileen)|
- When will Sam and Dean figure out that Cas is not Cas anymore?
- When will Dean come clean to Sam about his feelings for Amara?
- Sam finally apologizes to Dean for not searching for him when he was in purgatory.
- Sam hopes he and Dean will live long enough to make it to retirement.
- Dean had a thing for Blanche on "Golden Girls" while Sam preferred Sophia.
- Sam took some sign language classes in college.
- There are other Men of Letters "legacies" out there and they aren't all guys.
- Dean discreetly pockets a bottle of Viagra while at the retirement home.
- Sam keeps a box in his room filled with things that matter to him including the stage prop amulet from theSupernatural musical, photos of him and Dean as kids, and perhaps even Dean's old silver ring he used to wear.
- Sam and Dean get into bed on opposite sides.
- Sam can toss Dean a can of beer without looking.
- Eileen says that her mom used to be a lawyer and she might be interested in following in her footsteps; not unlike Sam going to law school.
- Lucifer in Cas' body snaps his fingers and vaporizes an attacking angel in a cloud of red mist; not unlike what he did to Cas in Swan Song.
- Dean asks if maybe he and Sam should make reservations at the retirement home after pointing out a photo of an embracing couple...this could be a wink and a nod to quite a bit of the fan fiction out there.
- Almost too many references to name in Sam's box of special things he keeps...Dean's old silver ring, photos, playing cards, the prop amulet from the Supernatural musical...
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? by the Shirelles
- Wonderful! Wonderful! by Johnny Mathis
- Prison Grove by Warren Zevon