- What happened to John at the end?
- What exactly is Meg after?
- The Winchester disagree about the best way to use the Colt.
- Sam's visions are getting stronger and more frequent.
- The road sign at the Salvation town limits has what appears to be a Bible verse on it: "Are you ready for Judgment Day? - JW 2:27." However, "JW" does not refer to any existing book of the Bible.
- At 04:34, there's a note John posted on the wall. It says "sleep easy motel" with a picture of the demon (?) holding an orb of some sort, the gun (with the words 'the one only one' and 'SAM'), and there's a phone number - 555-0918 with the name Gerry.
- Recap Song: Kansas - "Carry on Wayward Son"
- Meg tells John to meet her at Wabash and Lake. That is the location of one of the exits near the end of the first Matrix, albeit in a different city.
- On the phone, Meg asks at one point, "Still there, John-Boy?" This is an allusion to the 1970s TV show The Waltons. The story is told through the eyes of John-Boy, who wants to be a novelist, goes to college, and eventually fulfills his dream.
More Season 1 Discussions
Feels like we're running out of time. With a terrifying exorcism, warfare with a pack of demons and a shocking double-twist storyline, the intense, astonishing season finale never lets up.