The Heroes' Journey
Season 15 Episode 10
Airdate: January 23, 2020
Directed by John F. Showalter
Written by Andrew Dabb
|When Garth phones the Winchesters for help with a local monster problem, the brothers hit the road to work the case. As the day unfolds, the boys realize that the "luck" they've enjoyed for a long time seems to have run out, and they believe Chuck is to blame.|
- Dean: Still a hugger, huh? Garth: You know it. You smell so good. Dean: And, we're done.
- Dean: This (baby) Cas keeps looking at me weird. Sam: So, kinda like real Cas.
- Dean: Wait. After everything, there's no way that Chuck lets us die like this. Or he does, to I don't know to teach us a lesson. Or maybe we just end up paralyzed. No, we gotta win. We gotta win, man. That's not gonna be easy, okay? But you and me? Not everything we did was because of Chuck. It was us the blood, the sweat, the tears, man. That's us. We've been doing this our whole lives. We're the best in the world. So I say we go out there. I say we go out there, and we kick some ass.
- Dean: Hey, look, just because God yanked the magic horseshoe out of our ass or whatever doesn't mean that we're gonna give up. This is our job. It's what we do. And, yeah, it might be a little harder right now, but so what? Bring it.
Sam: What he said.
- Garth: Who did you guys piss off? Sam: God.
- How much of Sam and Dean's talent was theirs over the years and how much was "given" to them by Chuck?
- Why in the world would Dean daydream about being able to tap dance?
- Do werewolves have children (pups?) more frequently than humans do?
- How were, according to the choreographer for the dance sequence in this episode, DJ and Jensen able to learn this dance routine in about an hour????
- Will the Winchesters find answers in Alaska, or just more trouble?
- Castiel is seeking help from heaven. Will the angels be able or willing to help Cas and the Winchesters thwart Chuck?
- Dean has obviously had some ideas about how he could have been a good dancer...even a tap dancer.
- There's a location in Alaska where you can go to turn your luck around.
- Garth is now a dentist for the werewolf community.
- Garth is a bit of a hero these days.
- Different species of monsters participate in cage fighting to blow off steam and make money
- Five years ago, Charlie Bradbury hacked a credit card for the Winchesters that was never supposed to be declined or reach its limit
- The name of the market where Dean was shopping is "Beren's Kwik Trip", named after Supernatural's long-time writer and producer, Bob Berens.
- Garth named his twins after Sam and Castiel.
- Charlie created or opened a credit card for Sam and Dean that was never supposed to max out. Dean says that this card has worked successfully for them for five years, meaning it was the original Charlie who did this for them.
- Garth wears Hai Karate aftershave; sold from the '60's through the '80's.
- Sam points out that Dean is great at dancing the Macarena, a popular party group dance from the 1990s.
- Garth's child named Castiel has the same tendency to stare at Dean in an unsettling way, just like the real Cas does.
- When Garth buries a machete in the skull of Maul the vampire near the end, he comments that he "got Garthed", the comment that was made in the episode "Party On, Garth".
- Brad, the injured werewolf, comments on Sam's "puppy dog eyes"; the expression Sam has successfully used for years to get people to open up to him, and one Dean identified early in the series.
- Dean goes shopping at "Berens Kwik Trip" - a shout-out to longtime Supernatural writer Robert Berens.
- Dean references the children's book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day" when describing the bad luck they've been having and says it's more than just really bad luck.
- Garth and his wife reference that they love "Fifty Shades of Gray" - the best selling erotic novel.
- Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
- Chopperhead - Thomas Bergersen
- Claire de Lune - Claude Debussy (over the opening fight scene)
- Let's Misbehave - Irving Aaronson (during the tap dance sequence)