Reply To: Let’s all talk about Hollywood Babylon (S2 E18)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Hollywood Babylon (S2 E18) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Hollywood Babylon (S2 E18)

journalbookbinder
    October 4, 2021 at 12:38 pm #10169

I didn’t love this one. I did enjoy the funny parts. Especially Dean getting so into the role of being a PA and geeking out as a horror movie fan. I did chuckle a few times. But it is very “inside baseball” and I probably didn’t understand much of it on first watch because I probably didn’t know what “dailies” were, might have missed the reference to “it’s so cold it’s like Canada”, they inserted McG’s name into it. Calling PA’s “slaves”. I am sure THEY cracked THEMSELVES up with this one (writers, etc.) – all the stuff about how your writing is ripped apart by suits and producers and everyone else. But it’s too “inside baseball” for me to really enjoy. It’s like, “Okay, ha ha; I see what you’re doing” but it’s not completely successful for me outside the industry. I realized that I don’t love ghosts. Compared to vampires and werewolves, ghosts are much more one-dimensional in the early seasons. I find them boring. There to scare and get vengeance and that’s about it. There were a lot of ghosts here…and the “controlling them with an amulet” seemed like a watered-down re-tread of “Faith” which was much better.

I was entertained by the “it should be brighter” comment; I never thought of that, Kate, but what a great insight. We loved the dark SPN and it DID get brighter and more “CW” over the years!

I also noticed how Dean just fits in. He’s all in with the crew and knows who’s dating who and talks like he’s known them for years. I loved seeing him get into being part of a bigger team. It was so sweet! He loved it!

I liked the casual sex at the end. The actress was apparently happy with it too.

But overall, not one of my favorites. I thought the fact that they had the ghost drag a second person towards the fan was boring! Twice in one episode???