Reply To: Lets all talk about All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 2 (S2 E22)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Lets all talk about All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 2 (S2 E22) / Reply To: Lets all talk about All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 2 (S2 E22)

PigNaPoke
    October 24, 2021 at 2:32 pm #10526

When Azazel was taunting Dean in the graveyard, he implied that what was resurrected might not have been “100% Sam”. Do you guys think the writers were initially going to take the story that way but changed their minds between seasons 2 and 3? Or do you think that was just a misdirect? I’m curious, because early in season 3 (“Sin City”, I think), Dean asks Bobby the same thing about Sam. It really made me wonder. And wouldn’t it have been VERY Interesting if the story had actually gone that way?

I always thought they left the door open a little to potentially make Sam semi-evil? Didn’t I read that in an interview somewhere that Kripke didn’t intend at the beginning that the brothers would necessarily end up on the same side?

I do think that Azazel was just messing with Dean, but I also think that the writers kept some doubt in Dean’s mind for a long while, maybe even after his stint in Hell.

PNP