Reply To: Let’s all talk about Monster Movie (S4 E5)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Monster Movie (S4 E5) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Monster Movie (S4 E5)

PigNaPoke
    June 11, 2022 at 6:00 pm #13718

YES, this one just WORKS!!

The look, the music, the old timey make up on the monsters, the locations….it is AWESOME.

And “HEY!” Dean in Lederhosen ain’t horrible, even though it’s supposed to be funny.

Another one of these episodes where the mix of humor, horror and emotion is simply perfect.

I didn’t find it silly or goofy although it had plenty of pricelessly funny moments like Dracula on the Vespa (beep beep) or Dracula telling the pizza guy he had a coupon! There was also much HEART in the story. The monster definitely had to die, but his back story is sad and touching and we kinda feel for the guy.

Dean opening up to Jamie a little about his earlier doubts and new found sense of mission was nice, too. Even though it starts as a cheesy pick up it turns into a real heart-felt moment there and as you said JBB their chemistry felt real and believable (as did the kissing)! I very much enjoyed the actress playing Jamie as well. She seemed very down to earth and made a nice anchor in the episode.

LOVED the way the story took us through several classic movie monsters and several nice misdirects about the culprit, too. Ed is definitely an odd bird and the actor does a GREAT job with it.

The monster’s lair is amazingly done and I LOOOOVE that it is simply a set of sorts, with the doors opening in weird ways and Sam kicking through the door and crashing through the “stone” wall.

I also really adore that the monster goes out on his own terms in a way. He’s shot, knows he’ll die and makes it the perfect old time movie scene!!! LOL.

Altogether….a CLASSIC!