Reply To: Let’s all talk about The Winchesters Pilot (S1 E1)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about The Winchesters Pilot (S1 E1) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about The Winchesters Pilot (S1 E1)

kate38
    October 12, 2022 at 4:47 pm #21137

Hi, Stedan 🙂

Welcome to the fan wiki 🙂

Like you, I also hope someday for a “real” reboot, movie, or miniseries. In the meantime, I’d like this show to do very well and last for several seasons, EVEN IF I end up not personally liking it. I have tons of respect for Jensen and look forward to seeing what he can do when given the reins to tell the stories HE wants to tell in the Supernatural universe. I like Robbie Thompson, too, but I trust him less. He wrote some of my all-time favorite episodes, like “Baby”, “Don’t Call Me Shurley”, and “Safe House”; but he also wrote 2 episodes that I dislike so much (“Fan Fiction” and “Bitten”) that I skip them on rewatches. So, although I respect his writing, he’s more hit-or-miss for me.

I don’t need to see Sam in this show, but I definitely want more information about Dean’s appearance at the end. When I first saw him there by the car, I thought it was another commercial or a trailer — it was so disconnected from the rest of the episode that I couldn’t tell where it was supposed to fit. Like you and many others, I’m hoping that they won’t string us along too far before telling us what’s going on there.

kate