Reply To: Let’s all talk about Swap Meat (S5 E12)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Swap Meat (S5 E12) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Swap Meat (S5 E12)

journalbookbinder
    January 20, 2023 at 8:38 pm #38927

I give Jared huge credit for the comedy here which is usually Jensen’s forte. Jared is GREAT! I LOVE the mirror or window reflections scene where Gary is looking at himself as Sam and vice versa. This has so much great comedy, but then gets pretty dark with the devil-worshipping kids summoning a rather nasty demon.

Seeing Sam with a normal family is hilarious. The big message being, I guess, that everyone is where they are supposed to be and stepping into someone else’s life is not the perfect thing it might be. Gary becomes hot (as Sam) but is in way over his head.  Sam has the perfect family, but they’re annoying.

So many funny lines. “Crystal, I would love to have the sex with you!” And then she turns out to be a dominatrix! Sam going through Gary’s stuff to try to learn what he’s up to, “Virgin…frustrated virgin.”

It was so sweet and sad when Gary told Dean to turn up the music and Dean thought his brother was really on board, but of course that tipped him off too. But Sam drinking with him, thinking their lives were cool, loving hunting…even though it was all Gary, it was pretty sweet.

I also wanted to strangle those kids. Such arrogant assholes! The curly-headed guy who just wanted money. I was so glad when he was killed!

The girl who played the possessed teen did an incredible job in both roles!!!

This one had lots of twists and turns and ANOTHER funny but serious one. I really like this for a “funny” episode.