Reply To: Let’s all talk about Home (S1 E9)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Home (S1 E9) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Home (S1 E9)

kate38
    January 22, 2021 at 9:08 pm #4383

I will never like Missouri because she was mean to Dean for no good reason. I also disliked her for lying to people who were actually paying her for psychic readings – telling them what they wanted to hear instead of telling them the truth. And I question her psychic “abilities” because she thought the house was clean when it wasn’t, which almost caused people to die. Why didn’t she get angry with Sam for not saying anything when he thought the house was still dangerous, when she snapped at Dean for simply thinking about putting his feet on the table? Her obvious bias irritated me. I remember reading that Missouri was originally supposed to be the Bobby-type character in the series, but Jim Beaver was more popular, so they went with him instead. I’m glad they did. I loved Bobby from the moment we met him in season 1. I know I’m in the minority on this, but when it comes to Missouri, I’m not a fan.

I love the scene at the gas station, when Dean tells Sam that he’s the one who carried him out of the fire. It’s clear from the beginning of the episode that Dean is clearly more traumatized by what happened to Mary because he actually remembers vivid details about that night. And Jensen was fantastic in that scene when Dean calls John for help. So heartbreaking. I also love that John came when Dean called, even though he never let them know he was there.

This episode has one of my favorite Dean-to-the-rescue scenes, when Sam is choking. That whole sequence was very well done. I always have to watch it more than once.

I thought it was an interesting Easter egg that Sam said the same thing to the little girl that John said to Dean the night of the fire “Take your brother outside as fast as you can…” Nice touch.

This was an important episode for season 1, because it’s the first time we see John (aside from the Pilot, of course), ghost Mary has that “moment” with her sons for the first time since she died, and some other important story elements were addressed, but it’s never been one of my favorites.

kate

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by kate38kate38.