Reply To: Let’s all talk about Bugs (S1 E8)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Bugs (S1 E8) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about Bugs (S1 E8)

journalbookbinder
    January 28, 2021 at 9:57 am #4490

I’m super late to comment, but I’m commenting anyway!!!!

Yes; my wife did a lot of “why would you reach in there/go in that hole???”

This was a GOOD one! Definitely not one of the worst! I wonder if Kripke was disappointed with the need for some of the fake-y CG bugs? But the STORY is really good.

Best part as was said already is all we learned about Sam and John and just how in tune Dean is to all of the family dynamics. I TOTALLY agree that John and Sam were at each other’s throats because they were ALIKE. I LOVE this uncomfortable dynamic in the Winchester family and wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s super-interesting with the tension and the history and Dean’s role; I love it all.

Carrie Genzel said in a recent Discord book club discussion on There’ll Be Peace When You Are Done (where she has a chapter) that it took an ENTIRE DAY in a shower built on the soundstage for the shower scene! And that that is not her favorite thing to do – quite understandably!

Also very glad they used actual Native American actors for the reservation scene. I still love the elder cutting through the bullshit and identifying Dean as a liar.

I did not mind the heavy-handed son/father parallel here.