Reply To: Let’s all Talk About In My Time of Dying (S2 E1)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all Talk About In My Time of Dying (S2 E1) / Reply To: Let’s all Talk About In My Time of Dying (S2 E1)

kate38
    June 27, 2021 at 4:24 pm #8447

This is one of my favorite episodes from the whole series! There’s so much to love about it 🙂

I love the clever and creative camera work in this one! I especially respect the hallway scene and the talking board scene. I also love the DVD commentary. It’s so insightful and makes me appreciate this episode even more!

Dean is so smart! It took him all of five seconds to realize that he’s a ghost and start trying to figure out a plan. It’s pretty ballsy for a ghost to think he can hunt a reaper, but “ballsy” must be Dean’s middle name. And I love how Sam refuses to give up.

Speaking of Sam, John gets a lot of heat for the rocky relationship between himself and Sam, but it seems to me that Sam started many of the fights between them. We only had a few episodes to witness the family dynamic. We saw three big fights between John and Sam, and a few smaller dust-ups, and Sam started all of them. The only reason there wasn’t another big fight right before John died is that John wouldn’t take the bait. He even said that most of the time, he didn’t even understand why he and Sam were “butting heads”. I know communication is a two-way street, but it always makes me wonder.

Speaking of communication, Dean’s scenes with John are heartbreaking and SO well done. The scene when Dean confesses that he’d given up everything he’s ever had for his family…I’m pretty sure I cried the first time I saw that. And I’m sure there wasn’t a dry eye on set when John and Dean spoke right before John died. Jensen and Jeffrey-Dean are magical together.

Hey, did you guys recognize the roommate from “Unforgiven”, and Bobby’s dead wife?

I LOVE everything about Jim Beaver! I can’t say it enough. Loved officially meeting Tessa and “Yellow Eyes” in this one, too 🙂 Fred Lane is totally entertaining. Speaking of Yellow Eyes, we learn later that Crowley ended up with the Colt. Does anybody have any theories about why Azazel didn’t just destroy the gun immediately?

It’s very cool how they tell us why vengeful spirits are born. I think Dean was going to refuse to go with Tessa, because he’s just that defiant. It’s an ongoing debate among the fandom, though. What do you guys think?

kate

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by kate38kate38.