Season 15 Episode 12
airdate: March 16, 2020
directed by Richard Speight Jr.
written by Robert Berens and Meredith Glynn
|Chuck muses about how all the other Sams and Deans in all his other worlds have disappointed him, but the "real" ones still intrigue him even though they continue to defy his will. He says it's time to start destroying the "other worlds". We learn that Kaia, trapped in the The Bad Place all this time and thought to be dead is NOT dead. We learn this because her twin - the version of her who used to live in the Bad Place - is still roaming earth and has trapped Jody in order to get the Winchester's attention so that she can have Jack send her home to her own world. Jack decides to help even though he has strict instructions from Billie (Death) to NOT use his powers so that God cannot find him. Jack opens the rift and Sam and Dean take Bad Place Kaia home and bring real world Kaia back. Bad Place Kaia chooses to stay in her own world even though the destruction of that world and herself is moments away. Jody takes real world Kaia home with her, presumably for a reunion with Claire, Alex, and Patience. The Winchesters learn that Death's library has a book revealing how God will end - that the books in this library are independent and free of God's control. Billie seems to be on their side.
- Chuck: IT'S TIME TO START CANCELLING SHOWS.
- Merle:THAT'S NOT JUST DUMB, THAT'S WINCHESTER DUMB. (editorial - I really hated this quote that they repeated several times; both from Merle the reaper and from Billie. I guess if a cosmic entity thinks Sam and Dean are stupid; they just can't see their genius because more often than not, Sam and Dean succeed in what they are trying to do. What they do may be risky, but it is not stupid and I found this quote to be demeaning to the characters and not at all funny.)
(Earth Kaia and Dark Kaia)
(Merle the reaper)
- How did earth-Kaia survive that long in the Bad Place? And no, I don't buy that it was just by singing herself nursery rhymes!
- What has Bad Place Kaia been doing all this time on earth?
- Does God now know where Jack is?
- What, exactly, will the current warding keep out of the bunker?
- Earth Kaia is not dead and Bad Place Kaia left her materials to care for her wounds.
- Alex is a vegan.
- Claire has been searching for Bad Place Kaia
- God is destroying all of his "other worlds" that aren't the "real" Sam and Dean's world.
- Death (Billie) uses reapers to keep an eye on things important to her.
- Death's library contains books about how everyone, including God, will die and God cannot control what is written in these books.
- Billie says that the Winchesters and Jack are responsible for God's ultimate death, according to her books.
- Somehow, the old, superior warding on the bunker can never be fixed/replaced.
- This is the first time Jody and Cas have ever met in person.
- This is the first time Jody has ever been to the bunker.
- On the "other earth" (Earth 2) where Chuck appears, we learn that Hillary Clinton won the 2016 Presidential race.
- As reported on the Super Wiki, this episode was created partly at the behest of Jensen Ackles who wanted to revisit the Bad Place Kaia storyline and wrap it up.
- Jack lingers over the bunker table with Mary's initials carved in it, presumably thinking about how bad he feels that he caused her death.
- Chuck reveals that some universes can be destroyed with a snap of his fingers, but some are more difficult to destroy.
- Chuck states that he doesn't need more "things", including "failed spinoffs" - a reference to the attempt to spin of Wayward Sisters into a series - the pilot for that attempt was also written by Robert Berens who co-wrote this episode.
- Chuck says that the other universes he created don't "spark joy" - a reference to the sorting system used by popular professional organizer Marie Kondo
- Pop Tart Heart - Louden Swain (playing in the Radio Shed store)