AS TIME GOES BY
airdate: January 30, 2013
directed by Serge Ladouceur
written by Adam Glass
|Sam and Dean are stunned when a man who claims to be Henry Winchester, their grandfather, suddenly appears in their hotel room demanding to know where he can find John Winchester. Henry has time-traveled to stop a demon named Abbadon and was looking for John’s help. Through Henry, Sam and Dean learn more about their father and the Winchester blood line.|
- Henry (to Dean and Sam) - "You're men of letters, correct?"
Dean - "I'm a little rusty on my boy bands. Men of what?"
- Henry - "My father and his father before him were both men of letters. As John and you two should have been. We're preceptors, beholders... We share our findings with a few trusted hunters - the very elite. They do the rest."
Dean - "So you're like Yodas to our Jedis... Never mind. You'll get there."
- Henry - "I'm from Normal, IL. 1958."
Dean - "Right. Seriously? Dude's time-traveling through motel-room closets. That's what we've come to?"
- Henry - "Hand me your... walkie-talkie."
Sam - "You mean my phone?"
Henry - "Even better. Operator, I need Delta 457."
Dean: - "Who are you not calling?"
|Gil McKinney||Katie Stuart|
|George Touliatos||James Hutson|
- Will the key to the "Supernatural mother lode" provide Dean and Sam with weapons to defeat Crowley?
- Will Kevin make sense of his half of the demon tablet so The Boys can shut the Gates of Hell, forever?
- Will Cas escape from Naomi's control?
- Who will find the Angel tablet?
- John Winchester's Dad, Henry, disappeared when John was small, apparently abandoning him but in fact he had jumped through time into the future and couldn't go back to his son.
- John's father and grandfather were 'Men of Letters' and were scholars of the Supernatural, passing some of their knowledge onto hunters. John and Dean and Sam were supposed to be 'Men of Letters' too.
- Alaina Huffman who plays Abaddon was Stargate Universe’s medic Lt Johansen and also played "Black Canary" in Smallville.
- Gil McKinney has a small role as a reporter in the film "Hitchcock".
- John Winchester's journal has the initials "HW" on the inside front cover because it was the journal his Dad ordered for himself before he time-traveled to the future.
- Dean mentions "Marty McFly" when he talks about Henry trying to travel back through time - he's referring to the "Back to the Future" films.
- "As Time Goes By" by Frank Sinatra
Scroll down to see threads associated with this episode.
EPISODE 813: EVERYBODY HATES HITLER
|Latest page update: made by spnfanforever , Oct 26 2013, 9:28 AM EDT|
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Talk about As Time Goes By here! (page: 1 2)||26||Feb 12 2013, 12:50 PM EST by greatsayain|
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page