Episode 11.16: Safe House
TITLE: Beyond the Mat
Season 11, Episode 15
airdate: February 24, 2016
directed by Jerry Wanek
written by John Bring and Andrew Dabb
|Dean learns about the death of a professional wrestler and, remembering the good times when their dad took them to see a few matches when they were kids, he talks Sam into going to the funeral to pay his respects. When people start dying after the funeral, the vacation turns into a case.|
More Photos from Beyond the Mat
- I THINK I HEARD MY LIVER SCREAMING AT ME - Dean after drinking with all the wrestlers.
- GROUPIE MUCH? - Sam to Dean when Dean is fangirling over wrestler Gunner Lawless.
- GUMDROPS AND G-STRINGS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE - Demon to Harley the wrestler about a possible deal for his soul.
- WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, SIMMONS, I DON'T THINK YOU CAN HANDLE MY ROD. - Crowley to the demon Simmons when she wants to hold the Rod of Aaron.
- IS IT JUST ME, OR IS IT GETTING A LITTLE PHALLIC IN HERE? Casifer to Crowley over their word play surrounding the
Rod of Aaron.
- YOU WANT AN L.A. 10, BUT YOU SETTLE FOR A KANSAS 5. - Demon to Sam and Dean on being disappointed that, in
person, he doesn't find them more impressive.
- NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS NO MATTER HOW HARD IT GETS YOU HAVE TO KEEP GRINDING - Dean repeating
Gunnar's words to Sam, telling him they can't give up.
- WE'RE GONNA SAVE CAS, WE'RE GONNA SHANK THE DEVIL, AND WE'RE GONNA ICE THE DEVIL, AND WE'RE GONNA SHANK THE DARKNESS AND IF ANYONE GETS IN OUR WAY, GOD HELP 'EM. - Dean to Sam about how it's going to be from here on out.
|Jackie Debatin (Rio)||Aleks Paunovic (Gunnar Lawless)|
|Mike 'The Miz' Mizanin (Harley)||Aiden Kahn (Duke the demon)|
- Will Dean be able to hold onto his rosy view of his childhood when Sam keeps reminding him it wasn't all that great?
- Does Cas want to be saved?
- Is Dean getting worse at drinking the older he gets?
- Does Sam have the same conviction that Dean does about their chances for coming out on top with all that is stacked against them?
- Crowley has a secret storage locker of weapons that he doesn't want anyone else to get a hold of.
- All demons hate Crowley (according to Lucifer).
- There are an unknown number of Hand of God weapons, even though it seems that all of them can only be used once and are then useless.
- John Winchester took Sam and Dean to watch live professional wrestling when they were kids.
- Young Sam Winchester had a poster of wrestling manager and announcer "Rio" over his bed.
- Dean apparently always fantasized about getting to be a wrestler himself.
- Sam is okay hitting on older women.
- More phallic references than one can count over the Rod of Aaron weapons.
- Sam and Dean remember that their father enjoyed drinking during wrestling matches.
- Modern Day Cowboy - Tesla
Beyond the Mat discussion page