- What exactly happened between John and Ellen's husband?
- What is Ash, who went to MIT, doing sleeping on a pool table at Harvelle's Roadhouse?
- Will Dean get the Impala fixed, or will he and Sam have to be "soccer moms" for a while?
- Dean is not as "all right" about John's death as he keeps saying to Sam.
- Jo has a thing for Dean!
- This episode is the first time we visit Harvelle's Roadhouse and meet Ellen, Jo, and Ash.
- If you listen carefully at the end, when Jo asks Dean if she'll ever seen him again, he replies, "Do you want to?" In the last part of the sentence, Jensen slips into an almost full-on Texan accent.
- Recap Song: The Chamber Brothers - "Time Has Come Today"
- Three Dog Night - "Shambala"
- Captain & Tennille - "Do That to Me One More Time"
- Bosshouse Music - "Mississippi Mudd"
- Dean says to Sam, who he knows has a thing about clowns, "I know what you're thinking -- Why'd it have to be clowns?" This is an allusion to the Indiana Jones line from Raiders of the Lost Ark -- "Why'd it have to be snakes?"
- The episode title is a song from Gary Lewis and the Playboys on the 1965 album of the same name.
More Season 2 Discussions
Is the only good vampire a dead vampire? Seems like a no-brainer. Then Sam and Dean discover a nest of undead who have foresworn drinking human blood... and need protection from an obsessed vampire hunter.