- This is episode in which the Winchester boys first meet Ed and Harry, who will later form the Ghostfacers.
- The website for the paranormal investigators, http://www.hellhoundslair.com, is a working URL with information about the Hell House and other cases...some of which are based on previous Supernatural episodes.
- The song Dean turns up at the beginning of the episode has the lyrics "A fire of unknown origin/Took my baby away," referring to how Jessica and their mother both died. The song is by Blue Oyster Cult, who feature heavily in this episode.
- Blue Oyster Cult - "Fire of Unknown Origin"
- Blue Oyster Cult - "Burning for You"
- Waco - "Fast Train Down"
- Extreme Music - "Slow Death"
- Extreme Music - "Anthem"
- Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys - "Point of No Return"
- At one point Ed Zeddmore says, "I was thinking that Mordecai just had like a really super-high attack bonus." He is alluding to role-playing games, in which an "attack bonus" is typically added to a die roll made to determine if you hit a monster, or to see if a monster hits you. A monster with a high bonus would be very tough.
- The symbol painted on the wall of the house is the symbol used by the band Blue Oyster Cult.
More Season 1 Discussions
"Thy angels watch me through the night, and keep me safe 'til morning light." A little girl's prayers are no match for a shtriga, a powerful witch with terrifying ties to the Winchester brothers' childhoods.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|impala1||haunted house.||1||Feb 27 2015, 7:02 AM EST by kate38|
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page