airdate: March 30, 2006
directed by Chris Long
written by Trey Callaway
|Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a house haunted by the ghost of Mordecai, a man who killed his six daughters during the 1930s. The brothers discover a website dedicated to the Mordecai legend and realize the town is unknowingly conjuring up the evil spirit through the site.|
- Dean: I don't know, Sam. I mean, I hate to agree with authority figures of any kind, but you know, the cops might be right about this one.
- Harry: What would Buffy do? I don't know, but, Ed, she’s stronger than me.
- Sam: Actually, I'm the one who called them pretending to be a producer.
Dean: That's great! I'm the one who threw the dead fish in their back seat.
- This is episode in which the Winchester boys first meet Ed and Harry, who will later form the Ghostfacers.
- The website for the paranormal investigators, http://www.hellhoundslair.com, is a working URL with information about the Hell House and other cases...some of which are based on previous Supernatural episodes.
- The song Dean turns up at the beginning of the episode has the lyrics "A fire of unknown origin/Took my baby away," referring to how Jessica and their mother both died. The song is by Blue Oyster Cult, who feature heavily in this episode.
- Blue Oyster Cult - "Fire of Unknown Origin"
- Blue Oyster Cult - "Burning for You"
- Waco - "Fast Train Down"
- Extreme Music - "Slow Death"
- Extreme Music - "Anthem"
- Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys - "Point of No Return"
- At one point Ed Zeddmore says, "I was thinking that Mordecai just had like a really super-high attack bonus." He is alluding to role-playing games, in which an "attack bonus" is typically added to a die roll made to determine if you hit a monster, or to see if a monster hits you. A monster with a high bonus would be very tough.
- The symbol painted on the wall of the house is the symbol used by the band Blue Oyster Cult.
"Thy angels watch me through the night, and keep me safe 'til morning light." A little girl's prayers are no match for a shtriga, a powerful witch with terrifying ties to the Winchester brothers' childhoods.
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|impala1||haunted house.||1||Feb 27 2015, 7:02 AM EST by kate38|
Showing 1 of 1 threads for this page