Airdate: October 20, 2016
Directed by Thomas J. Wright
Written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming
|Cas and Dean get a lead on Sam and set out to rescue him. Dean is wary of putting Mary in danger. Meanwhile, Crowley learns that Lucifer is now inhabiting the body of an aging rock star (guest star Rick Springfield).|
- Castiel -- "Don't make things needlessly complicated, as you humans tend to do."
- Crowley -- "What's the bloody holdup? He's the one and only Satan in the phone book."
- Rowena -- "It's witchcraft! Not Google Maps."
- Dean -- "Powerfully warded? See, Buddy, that...that was your headline right there."
- Castiel -- "I don't sweat under any circumstances."
|Rick Springfield ("Lucifer/Vince Vincente")||Samantha Smith
|Elizabeth Blackmore ("Toni Bevell")||Woody Jeffreys ("Tommy")|
|Adam Fergus ("Mick")|
- Where is Sam's anti-possession tattoo?
- Would Rowena really walk away from monsters, demons and possibly witchcraft if given the chance?
- How will Crowley return Lucifer to his cage without Rowena's help?
- What will Lucifer do with Rowena now?
- Mary acknowledges that her actions led to her family's tragedies, and she is not sure how to face what she did to Sam.
- Rowena says she wants to have a life free from monsters, demons, and possibly witchcraft.
- Mary says that she was a good hunter, (although she rejected hunting when she was younger)
- Mary Winchester doesn't cook, and Dean's childhood memories of her good "cooking" were actually restaurant take-out.
- Toni Bevell's mission was to identify the American hunters and gain their trust. She will supposedly face consequences for her actions.
- We've only seen Sam drinking wine a few times in the series, but Jared is actually a wine connoisseur in real life.
- In the bedroom scenes, we don't see Sam's anti-possession tattoo. The last time we saw it was in season 9 "Road Trip", when Castiel burned it off so Crowley could help eject Gadreel from Sam's vessel. So, where is it? In an interview, Jared said that the tattoo wasn't there in this episode because Sam was hallucinating.
- The farmhouse where Sam is being tortured is in Aldrich, Missouri, which is a real village in Polk County, Missouri.
- Lucifer used similar mind-torture techniques in season 5 to convince Nick to say "yes".
- Mary seems to have found a "dead guy robe" to wear, like Dean did in "Everybody Hates Hitler" when the Boys first moved into the bunker.
- The restaurant where Rowena and her date are eating is called "Orbic".
- Vince Vincente's concert was in Cleveland, Ohio.
- According to a medal in his journal, John Winchester was a rifle expert in the military
- When Mary is looking through John's journal, we see the photo of Bobby (in a wheelchair) that we first saw in "The End". The photo supposedly was taken in a future that never happens. Castiel is in the original photo, but his face was blurred out for this episode.
- Boca Raton, Florida is a popular retirement location for wealthy retirees.
- Google Maps is an online search tool that provides maps of various locations, directions, and other useful information
- "Enhanced interrogation" is a euphemism for torture
- "Piggly Wiggly" is a supermarket chain founded in 1916, so it would have been around when Mary was a young mother and Dean was a child.
- "Bieber" refers to Justin Bieber, a popular performing artist
- "Angry Spice" is a reference to a fictional member of the 1990s era all-girl pop music group "The Spice Girls".
- "Mr. Ketch" may refer to the 17th century British executioner, John Ketch, who was known for his brutality
- Heart -- "Lost Angel" plays at the end when Dean, Sam and Mary are at the bunker
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|spnfanforever||Let's all talk about 'Mamma Mia' here! (page: 1 2)||39||Oct 28 2016, 5:56 AM EDT by kate38|
Thread started: Oct 19 2016, 7:43 AM EDT Watch
Well, the Season Opener has whetted our appetites and raised more questions than it's answered so I'm sure we're all excited to see and talk about episode 2! 🙂
...So here's your chance to sound off with your hopes (and fears, maybe especially for Sam) in "Mamma Mia" and your thoughts about this episode after it airs.
Let us know what you think... And then tell us what you loved about it and anything you didn't like so much...