airdate: February 7, 2006
directed by Phil Sgriccia
written by Sera Gamble & Raelle Tucker
|Sam (Jared Padalecki) has a premonition in which a man is killed, but the murder is made to look like a suicide. Sam convinces Dean (Jensen Ackles) that they must investigate the case, but the two are puzzled when they fail to find anything that indicates that the death was supernatural in nature. That is, until they find out that Max (Brendan Fletcher), the reclusive son of the first victim, has been using his recently acquired power of telekinesis to kill the family members that once abused him. Sam also discovers Max's mother was killed by the same fiery demon that took his own mom.|
- Sam: You can't tell me this doesn't freak you out.
- Dean: Our family's not cursed…we've just had our dark spots.
- Dean: You have something Max didn't.
Sam: What, you mean Dad? 'Cause he's not here, Dean.
Dean: No, me.
- Is Sam destined to become a killer?
- How many "special kids" like Sam are there?
- Sam's visions are somehow connected with what happened the night his mother died, and they may help him find the thing that killed her.
- Dean puts on a good game face and says Sam's "abilities" don't freak him out ... but they do.
- Sam discovers he can also move things with his mind.
- Sam and Dean are staying at the Escanaba Motel. Escanaba, MI, is in the Upper Peninsula, which is nowhere near Saginaw, MI.
- Director Philip Sgriccia personally chose to use two early Bob Seger songs because he was from Michigan, and "Nightmare" took place in Saginaw. In addition to this, Sgriccia asked his sister to send him coffee mugs and baseball caps from Michigan to give believability to the setting.
- Bob Seger System - "Two Plus Two"
- Bob Seger - "Lucifer"
- When Dean & Sam are dressed as priests, Dean introduces them as Father Simmons and Father Frehley. Gene Simmons and Paul "Ace" Frehley were two of the founding members of the rock band KISS.
A nice decoration for the wall. A backwoods family of hunters likes to stuff and mount their kill as trophies. Only they hut humans. And they've got Sam.