Episode 10 Season 14
airdate: January 17, 2019
directed by Amanda Tapping
written by Steve Yockey
|Sam and Cas with the help of Jack are able to trap Michael with archangel cuffs. Billie (we find out) zaps the entire bunch back to the bunker where Sam decides to use the Men of Letters "brain machine" to allow him and Cas inside Dean's head to try to talk Dean into expelling Michael. They have the navigate a confusing array of Dean's thoughts, but ultimately find him. Dean devises an improvised way of rendering Michael temporarily powerless and he becomes Dean again. Meanwhile, Maggie and the other Apocalypse World hunters try to keep Michael's super-monsters from storming the bunker, but must rely on Jack and a risky use of his powers to keep everyone safe.|
- DEAN: THIS IS MY DREAM (OWNING ROCKY'S BAR)
- DEAN: WHAT CAN I SAY? I'M FAMOUS.
- MICHAEL: DON'T INTERRUPT ME.
- MICHAEL: DEAN'S NOT HOME RIGHT NOW. PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE.
- JACK: IT'S NOT LIKE ANY OF US CAN FLY.
MICHAEL: WELL, ONE OF US CAN.
SAM: SHUT UP!
- VIOLET: WE (REAPERS) HAVE SHIFTS NOW BECAUSE YOU MESS UP...SO MANY THINGS.
- MICHAEL: AND SAM, THE LAST THING YOU'LL SEE? IS THIS PRETTY SMILE AS I RIP YOU APART.
- CAS: YOU'RE CONFUSING LOYALTY AND COMPASSION WITH WEAKNESS.
- MICHAEL: GOD IS A WRITER.
- DEAN (TO SAM AND CAS): HEY, THERE YOU ARE; KILL A GHOUL, GET A BEER.
- DEAN: MY MIND, MY RULES. I GOT HIM. I'M THE CAGE.
|Thunderbird (formerly Traci) Dinwiddie
|Sarah Bridget Johns
- How many worlds has God created?
- Is Michael lying about how Dean thinks of Jack and Sam and Cas? As jobs or unwanted burdens?
- WHAT is written in the book as the one alternate ending to Dean's life (other than destroying the world while possessed by Michael)?
- What ever happened to Garth, stashed in the trunk of the Impala in Kansas City?
- Why can't Cas see Violet the reaper? Angels have always been able to see reapers in the past.
- Why does part of Dean's ideal bar scenario include a lawyer repeatedly trying to buy the bar from him? Is it just so he can say "no" and reiterate that this bar is his and his alone and he has total control over what happens to it?
- Dean can be lulled into complacency (temporarily) with the pretend reward of an ideal life.
- God has created many worlds, but, according to Michael, they're all like a writer's failed drafts. None have been ideal or exactly what God wanted.
- Since Dean trapped Micheal with his mind, every book in Billie's (Death's) library outlining how he'll die has changed to the same ending; all but one book which Billie allows Dean to read and keep.
- Cas can zero in on the place inside a person's head where their "real" consciousness can be found...with Sam's help to discern what really happened in Dean's life and what didn't.
- One of Dean's ideal scenarios for his life includes owning a bar with a good buddy (Pamela) working for him, waiting for Sam and Cas to come back from hunting.
- It seems that Dean really wants to own something that is completely his, thus the bar fantasy.
- Even in Dean's ideal life there are monsters to fight.
- Reapers are keeping an eye on the Winchesters, but cannot interfere with their lives or fate.
- Michael no longer sees Jack as his family, related by angel blood.
- Sam knows that Dean thrives on trauma; it's what keeps him alert.
- God is a writer and all of his worlds are just failed drafts.
- God did not intervene in the war between Michael and Lucifer in the Apocalypse World.
- Michael seemed to think that his fighting with Lucifer in the Apocalypse World might have drawn God back to pay attention to that situation or intervene.
- Inside the body of a possessed person, in the mind of that person, no one person or entity is stronger than another; they are all equally powerful.
- "Nihilism" is a philosophical tenants that puts forth that nothing in life has meaning and is often (some say wrongly) presented as the belief that nothing matters.
- The Men of Letter's machine that allows Sam to get inside Dean's head was also used on Mary by Lady Bevell to brainwash her...later used to get Dean into Mary's head to save her.
- There is a monkey sculpture in Rocky's bar that originally resided in Harvelle's Roadhouse.
- There is the original Impala KAZ 2Y5 license plate hanging in Rocky's bar.
- There is a signed photo of Canadian actress Kathleen Robertson in the bar office.
- Dean goes into the walk-in fridge in Rocky's Bar to grab a case of Lone Star beer; a product of Texas where Jensen grew up and still lives.
- There is a stack of cassette tapes in Rocky's bar; a reference to Dean's love classic rock on tape.
- The name "Rocky's" is a reference to Crowley's nicknames for Sam and Dean: Moose and Squirrel. Rocky was the name of the squirrel in the cartoon Rocky and Bullwinkle.
- The "Tom's Tequila" sign in Rocky's bar is a tribute to director Thomas J. Wright.
- There is a calendar in the bar office that seems to feature Anime pin ups; a reference to Dean's love of cartoon porn.
- The beers Rocky's has on tap are all beers from Jensen's real-life brewery outside of Austin, Texas The Family Business Beer Co.
- There are Family Business Beer Co. coasters on the bar.
- Sam snaps Dean out of his bar-owning fantasy by saying the word "Poughkeepsie" to him, which is the word that Sam and Dean use with each other to tell each other to drop everything and run; a complete emergency.
- Billie references her "reading room" where she has multiple books on how everyone will die.
- "Daphne loves Fred" is carved inside Rocky's bar; a reference to ScoobyDoo and the SPN/ScoobyDoo crossover episode.
- The vampire pretending to be passed out on the bar references Ash passed out on the bar in Harvelle's Roadhouse.
Searchin' for a Rainbow - The Marshall Tucker Band (playing in Rocky's Bar)