- What could make a little girl so evil?
- Can Sam ever have a normal relationship again?
- College boy Sam knows his art history!
- As several contributors noted, when Dean, Sam, and Sarah are examining the painting and spot the razor has moved, Jensen Ackles refers to Sam as "Jared."
- Steve Carlson - "Night Time"
- Grand Funk Railroad - "Bad Time"
- Extreme Music - "Romantic Piece No. 1"
- Black Toast Music - "One More Once"
- In the crypt, Dean says, "Daddy dearest isn't here," alluding to the 1981 film Mommie Dearest about actress Joan Crawford and her adopted daughter's efforts to please her. It was based on the 1978 book written by her daughter, Christina Crawford.
- While hashing out theories, Dean asks Sam if he thinks the father in the portrait is handing out Colombian neckties. A "Colombian necktie" is a method of killing someone where the victim's throat is slashed and their tongue is pulled out through the open wound, used in drug-related homicides or in cases where the victim is being punished for revealing sensitive information.
More Season 1 Discussions
Reunion. After an aging spook hunter falls prey to the vampires he thought he had long ago destroyed, John Winchester joins his sons to battle the bloodsuckers - and retrieve an unearthly gun they possess.