airdate: January 21, 2010
directed by James L. Conway
written by Andrew Dabb, Daniel Loflin
|A fellow hunter has worked a case that was so stressful, he snapped and checked himself into an insane asylum. When strange events seem to follow his there, he contacts Sam and Dean, who check themselves in. It begs the question: Do you have to be crazy to be a hunter?|
- Dean: Crazy is the clue.
- Sam (after Wendy kisses Dean): You cannot hit that.
Dean: Oh, I'm so torn.
- Dean: I just got thraped.
- Wendy (after kissing Sam): I want him now. He's larger.
|Michelle Harrison||Jon Gries|
|Juan Riedinger||Malcolm Stewart|
- Why did Sam and Dean leave Martin behind?
- Is it really a good idea for Sam to swallow his anger?
- It's now Dean who feels he is the one who has to save the world (the way way Sam used to feel it was all on his shoulders).
- Sam realizes his anger has always been inside him and is not in reaction to his family, demons, or Lucifer.
- (No non-original music.)
- The title references the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted starring Winona Ryder as a depressed teen sentenced to 18 months in a mental hospital, where she meets a rebellious friend (played by Angelina Jolie).
- Dean calls the nurse "Nurse Ratched," who was the nurse played by Louise Fletcher in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975), about the colorful residents of a mental institution.
- Martin refers to checking himself into the Hotel California, an allusion to the Eagles song of the same name, which is said to be about the decline of society.
Is Sam really Sam?
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|lucy_supernatural||sam interrupted||0||Mar 9 2012, 8:56 PM EST bylucy_supernatural|
|SuperZu||Sound off about 5x11: Sam, Interrupted!(page: 1 2)||36||Jan 29 2010, 1:23 AM EST by Lilavivat|
|SuperZu||Where does Sam's anger come from?||0||Jan 24 2010, 5:26 AM EST by SuperZu|
|SuperZu||New videos for 5x11 Sam, Interrupted!||3||Jan 17 2010, 6:02 AM EST byfierce_huntress|