airdate: January 28, 2010
directed by Robert Singer
written by Julie Siege
|Gary (guest star Colton James), a teenage nerd, conjures up a body-switching spell and changes bodies with Sam (Jared Padalecki). Thrilled by his new handsome and built body, Gary (now Sam) investigates a case with Dean (Jensen Ackles) and takes advantage of his good looks and age by hitting on women and getting drunk. Meanwhile, Sam is stuck in Gary's teenage body, dealing with intrusive parents and high school.|
- Crystal: Gary, I don't want to embarrass you, but you are just a stunning-looking man.
Gary (in Sam's body): I know! Right?
- Motel Manager: One leather jacket, one Sasquatch.
- Trev: Everybody knows Dean. He's hell's most wanted.
|Lydia Doesburg||James Clayton|
|Eli Marienthal||Patricia Harras|
- How did Dean miss the clues so long that Sam wasn't Sam?
- Why did Dean and Sam let the kids go so easily?
- What will the Winchester boys do now about the bounty on Dean's head?
- Demons have put a contract out on Dean, and everyone in any contact -- Satan worshipers, witches, and so on -- are being recruited to kill him.
- Sam truly no longer seems to want to have a "normal" life.
- Maggie Briggs, the name of the witch whose spirit is haunting the home of the Winchesters' former babysitter, was the name of a character played in 1984 by Suzanne Pleshette. It lasted for just six episodes.
- Dean talks about their old babysitter Donna and her whole family going through "that whole Amityville thing" when they have a poltergeist. The Amityville Horror was a book (1977), amde into 9 different films (1979-2005) about the true story of a haunting in Long Island.
- Sam talks about the Freaky Friday thing going on with the swapped bodies. Freaky Fridaywas a book (1972) made into two film versions (1976 and 2003) about a daughter waking up to find herself in her mother's body, and her mother in hers. Since then, the terms has come to mean any body swap, especially between a teen and an adult.
- Bob Seger - "Rock & Roll Never Forgets"
- Sonny Ellis / Black Toast Music - "I Got More Bills Than I Got Pay"
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|SuperZu||What did you thing of "Swap Meat"? (page: 1 2)||36||Feb 8 2010, 2:04 AM EST by Lilavivat|
Thread started: Jan 28 2010, 4:06 PM EST Watch
After watching the episode, sound off here about what you though of the episode!
Ahem, you know I meant "What did you THINK of 'Swap Meat'?" I hate typos! 😛 Sorry!
|SuperZu||Are you ready for Swap Meat?||1||Jan 28 2010, 1:46 AM EST by SuperZu|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page