|When the Levee Breaks
airdate: 7 May 2009
directed by: Robert Singer
written by: Sera Gamble
|Dean and Bobby, worried about Sam and his demon-blood addiction, lock Sam in Bobby's panic room for a demon detox. While strung out, Sam gets hallucinatory visits from his young self, his mother, Dean, and Alastair. When they fear that Sam may not live through the intervention, Dean begs for Castiel's help -- with the catch that he has to promise his obedience to the angels. Cas solves the problem by releasing Sam, who goes directly to Ruby and gets a fix ... and finds out she has a lead on Lilith. When Dean catches up with him, Sam refuses to listen and leaves Dean beat up as he leaves to pursue Lilith in his own way.|
- Dean: Congrats, Sammy. You just bought yourself a benchwarmer seat to the Apocalypse.
- Dean: How long is this gonna go on?
Bobby: Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh, wait. No one ever wrote one.
- Sam: Stop bossing me around, Dean! Look, my whole life you take the wheel, you call the shots, and I trust you because you are my brother. And now, I'm asking you, for once, trust me.
- Is Sam doing the right thing, or is he just fooling himself?
- Why did Castiel release Sam?
- Castiel was obviously reprimanded in heaven, and he may not be on the side of the Winchesters anymore.
- The title of the episode comes from a blues song written and first recorded by Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie that was most famously re-worked by Led Zeppelin for their fourth album.
- (no non-original songs)
- Talking about the angels, Dean says, "I mean, they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan," referencing one of the most popular races from the Star Trek series, as immortalized by Leonard Nimoy in the original Star Trek series. Typically a race that deeply suppresses its emotions, the reference here is to the Vulcans as shown in Star Trek: Enterprise, where they are shown as a much more underhanded and manipulative race, prior to their embracing pure rationality and logic.
- Can the Winchesters stop the apocalypse? Or will Lilith break the final seal? The season finale will tell!
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|lucy_supernatural||FUUUU 🙁||0||Feb 22 2012, 9:19 PM EST bylucy_supernatural|
|samlovedean2||will sammy turn to a monster????...............||9||May 11 2009, 8:39 AM EDT by JadedMage|
|purply_rose||really scary... & full of surprises....||0||May 6 2009, 5:24 AM EDT by purply_rose|
|samlovedean2||what do you think about this episode??||1||May 5 2009, 6:25 AM EDT by Jamlynn♥Fargo|