Reply To: Let’s all talk about My Bloody Valentine (S5 E14)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about My Bloody Valentine (S5 E14) / Reply To: Let’s all talk about My Bloody Valentine (S5 E14)

journalbookbinder
    February 2, 2023 at 1:32 pm #40530

Funny how I remembered the humor in this one and forgot that this one was also full of EXTREME darkness!

That whole speech that Famine gives to Dean. UGH! He’s not hungry for anything because inside, he’s already dead??? I love how Dean is valiant even in the face of that. He likes to think that he’s immune to Famine due to his “strength of character”. God, I love him and his refusal to back down no matter what. No matter what horrible thing is said to him or happening to him.

Sam with the demon blood craving was super effective. Wow. Dean’s disappointment. Sam’s kinda scary relapse. When he tells the second demon to “Wait your turn”, I totally believe he’s out of control. It was clear that Famine was affecting him just like the other people in town. And Dean’s look of complete defeat when he saw Sam flex his powers again. That was totally heartbreaking.

I liked the funny coroner.

The funny stuff about Cupid also made me think about the Winchesters and how they completely left out that John and Mary can’t stand each other at first until a Cupid steps in.

GREAT Supernatural with how funny it was and how complex and how depressingly dark. The Famine character was truly horror/disgusting with the bad teeth and creepy high-pitched singsong way of talking. So good! I MISS how scary and gory and disgusting Supernatural was! They got away from that in later years and that was a mistake. The fry chef eating burning hot fries and then face-down in the hot oil…Cas shoving in raw meat…all done so so so well.

Sam; chained to the sink and when he hears the demons come in and thinks it’s Dean and Cas coming back…he’s so HOPEFUL that it just kills me when he calls out to them! To know later that Famine sent those demons to feed Sam’s addiction…kind of nice payback that it was Sam’s abilities that did Famine in…I am assuming he was destroyed by the pulling of the souls back out of him? I love that Sam, even under the influence, is so smart. Thinking of a way to use Famine’s own need against him. I loved it!

Then the end with Sam back in the panic room at Bobby’s and Dean outside asking God for help; at his wits end over what to do about Sam. THAT kills me.

The whole thing killed me!

Season five is THE BEST! I might actually watch this one again before moving on to the next.