Let’s all talk about All Dogs Go to Heaven (S6 E8)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about All Dogs Go to Heaven (S6 E8)

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 4 days ago by journalbookbinder.
  • Author
        August 3, 2023 at 3:47 pm #68523

If I remember right, this one is kind of universally hated. The human morphing into a dog. I’ll have to see what I think about it on rewatch.

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          August 3, 2023 at 3:47 pm #72602

HAHA, JBB, I see you have no intro words for this one??

I completely understand….it’s….FORGETTABLE. And that’s putting it nicely.

The case is super boring, the “big bad” are simply a bunch of shifter thugs with lots of guns and some nebulous plan to create more skinwalkers. It doesn’t create any ominous tension for me. And the parts about “LUCKY”…..oh man!

The whole “I’m just a nice dog living with this family to protect them” is CREEPY AS FUCK! Skinwalker hiding in animal skin to sleep in a woman’s bed, watch her shower…..STALKER MUCH? It is just all wrong….because the lady has no idea what’s going.

What a total waste of a cool legend! Why not use a Navajo approach to bring in a Skinwalker storyline????? It screams for a good Native American plot. Especially in the big picture of the season of all monster species being “hunted” by Crowley to find purgatory. Being rounded up and persecuted simply for someoneelses advantage….come on, what better opportunity to reflect on Native American plight through a Native American “monster”.

The whole thing just makes me angry. It’s really odd to me that in an “All American” show they really never managed to come up with some good integration of the old stories of the Native peoples.

Anyhow, rant over.

Even Sam and Dean can’t save this episode. Their “conflict” over what to do about Sam’s missing soul seems flat and forced in this one.

The whole thing’s just unnecessary.

ONLY saving grace are the scene with Crowley at the very start, which is funny, and the last scene and conversation between Sam and Dean where Sam admits he wants his soul back.

2 out of 10 for me on this episode. A sad waste.

Reply | Quote
      Reply To:

Let’s all talk about All Dogs Go to Heaven (S6 E8)

Your information: