Let’s all talk about Clap Your Hands if You Believe (S6 E9)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Clap Your Hands if You Believe (S6 E9)

• Author
        August 21, 2023 at 2:06 pm #72825

As a longtime fan of The X-Files, I loved this one. I love the humor and the weird feel of it as it sort of melded elements of The X-Files and Supernatural. I liked the innovative story with the fairies where the UFO stuff was all a misdirect. Can’t wait to rewatch!

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          August 21, 2023 at 2:06 pm #90090

Forever one of my favorites and an episode I go to regularly when I need a good laugh.

I know Jared says that he prefers serious/drama to comedic acting, but he’s PERFECT here in his deadpan delivery for the most ridiculous lines!

Of course, we know Jensen is a master at anything and his comedic timing is incredible and this episode definitely gives him room to shine bright in that respect. The “fight” with the tiny fairy alone is a master piece in physical comedy. You actually try and look for the tiny naked lady with nipples because Jensen makes you believe she’s there. HA.

SO MANY funny lines between the two of them. And I love the dynamic of Dean trying to keep Sam more “human” by explaining what a soul does for you and Sam deciding that doesn’t sound so great.

I love the case, too, the correlation between alien and fairy myths and the way each can be interpreted as the other. The misdirection leading us down the alien path first and the nice twist that it’s actually fairies doing the kidnapping keeps us guessing and wondering what’s next. And I really appreciate the lore about first born sons and the many different fairies they bring into the story!

Lots of excellent guest actors as always. The actress playing the Hippie Chick is really sweet and believable. And Robert Picardo (who I always loves as The Doctor on Star Trek Voyager) really plays the mischievous and dangerous nature of a Leprechaun so well, it’s a fun villain to watch.

I could go on and on with minutia but won’t. I rather watch it again.

For me this is a 10 out of 10 episode.

Reply | Quote
      Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Clap Your Hands if You Believe (S6 E9)

Your information: