Let’s all talk about Fallen Idols (S5 E5)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Fallen Idols (S5 E5)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by 🔴 Transaction 32 314 USD. GЕТ >> https://forms.yandex.com/cloud/65db1187c769f1e401949a17?hs=565980448141a31101fb6a677efc680f& 🔴.
  • Author
        December 7, 2022 at 1:05 pm #33073

Sigh. Cameos. Paris Hilton. WHY?  I haven’t watched this one in a long time. I guess Jared knew her from House of Wax (where I enjoyed watching her demise in that movie).

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          December 7, 2022 at 1:05 pm #33359

Yeah, this one, especially after the AMAZING “The End” was pretty much a throwaway episode to me.

I do appreciate that Dean and Sam take time to grow back together, but it was a little heavy handed in this episode. I get that Dean needs time to trust Sam again, but this seemed to go a little far at times.

I also didn’t really like the message of worshipping the “wrong idols”. I mean, here we are FANS of this show and definitely worshipping all to do with it….are WE going to be eaten by a monster for it?

And the idea of old world gods who are taking their own dues because they are no longer fed by the adoration of their followers was also not new in SPN….HELLO, CHRISTMAS EPISODE.

Paris Hilton….what odd choice! I was never a fan of hers or understood why one would be….but I do have a little more respect for her now hearing about her absolutely horrendous adolescence.

Anyhow…the supposed humor in this one fell flat for me, too.

And Sam digging into the corpse randomly and coming up with the seeds was just silly.

And NOONE is unconscious and standing up like that when tied to a tree.

Well, the episodes can’t all be winners.

The only decent scenes to me where the Sam and Dean talks about making some changes. Sam taking full responsibility, but also asking for leeway to grow up. They were heartfelt and real feeling conversations.

That’s all I have to say about that. 🙂

PNP

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by PigNaPokePigNaPoke.
          Reply | Quote
        • journalbookbinder
            December 7, 2022 at 1:05 pm #35224

Yeah; not my favorite. I know it was because of Jared doing House of Wax; the reason they got Paris Hilton…and there were so many nods to that movie in this episode including the wax museum.  I just saw House of Wax for the first time this year. I felt very bad for Jared’s character! He had to endure the worst of it in that movie! In that movie, it was satisfying to see Paris’ character get killed.

I also didn’t get the problem with worshipping idols. I mean, okay, is someone upset that Gods used to be “famous” and now it’s actors?  In my opinion, all of the importance of both is bestowed upon them by humans and therefore why is one wrong? It seems human nature to want to put idea or people on a pedestal. Both will disappoint many times. But to make the statement that “modern life” fandom is misguided…I disagree.

And yes, PigNaPoke, true that the “scorned ancient God” was already done in Supernatural Christmas.

Also a bit too much of Dean making fun of Sam for admiring someone who wanted peace!

Paris Hilton was a very “of the moment” casting choice that future generations will scratch their head over. She’s already nowhere near as “celebrity” as she was. Another person like Kim Kardashian who is famous for no reason.

I did wonder how Sam knew to look for seeds (??) in the corpse! A bit too easy of a solve on a very obscure deity.

The Sam and Dean conversations WERE very good. But not a great episode overall.

Reply | Quote
        Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Fallen Idols (S5 E5)

Your information: