Let’s all talk about Frontierland (S6 E18)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Frontierland (S6 E18)

• Author
        November 1, 2023 at 5:15 pm #88268

Dean’s a posse magnet. Truth. Absolute truth. I love this one. Love the way Dean’s view of the Old West was shattered (STD-ridden saloon girls and all). I love the idea that Sam left a modern cell phone behind. There was recently some story about an ancient Chinese tomb where they found what they thought was a modern wristwatch and that got everyone talking about time travel. Loved Bobby saying he dropped the “kids” off (or had to pick the kids up) at Frontierland.

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          November 1, 2023 at 5:15 pm #97856

There is NOTHING I don’t like about this episode….cause….COWBOY DEAN!

“LOVE me some possy.”

I just can’t get over Dean’s enthusiasm for all things old West and everyone else’s confusion or consternation about it. It is ADORABLE and let’s a little bit of childlike Dean shine through in this grim time that is heartwarming. Starting with the research session in the Campbell’s weirdo cellar library when Dean finds Samuel Colt’s journal.

(Side note: I thought it was a very cool contrast how the Campbell compound is different from Bobby’s homebase. It drives the differences between them home on what is most important. The Campbells are all about the mission at the expense of family to me – with utilitarian facilities and a survivalist style dug out “bunker”, while Bobby is about the mission for family – making his home into what’s necessary to stay safe but not give up on the home feel. Bobby’s is where the heart is.)

Of course, it’s also funny when Dean’s fan-boying meets the harsh reality of how NOT awesome – or at least not sanitary – the old West was. HAHA. The whole thing with the “Lady of the Night” is just hilarious.

The episode has so many funny lines that are legendary now.

I also really like the case of the Phoenix creature. I often wondered if Dean would have killed him if they didn’t absolutely need the ashes? In the end the guy was wronged and his wife brutally killed. Yes, revenge is rarely the best solution, but there was a lot of grey area in the story that I thought Dean would have sympathy for otherwise.

Sam’s encounter with S. Colt was very cool for all of us! I appreciate that they built such a rich character and back story to the Colt that was already so important in the show. I loved how Sam immediately outsmarts Colt and how that obviously impressed S. Colt enough to get involved after all and send Sam the ashes.

Rarely do we have an episode that makes a twist right at the end like here where we believe all was for naught and then find out differently in the last moments of the show. Very clever.

All around a great idea and a classic episode!

PNP

Reply | Quote
      Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Frontierland (S6 E18)

Your information: