Let’s all talk about Good God, Y’all! (S5 E2)

Home / Forums / Supernatural Fan Wiki Community / Let’s all talk about Good God, Y’all! (S5 E2)

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 days, 7 hours ago by ⭕ Transfer 52 461 $. Gо tо withdrаwаl => https://forms.yandex.com/cloud/65db119102848fe3bdc15a6a?hs=41e6adf0e9115c5ab61ca256860c9705& ⭕.
  • Author
        October 24, 2022 at 3:25 pm #22405

Bring on the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

Reply | Quote
      • PigNaPoke
          October 24, 2022 at 3:25 pm #25663

There are a lot of good parts in this episode but as a whole it never managed to feel like one of my favorites. I think it’s because the whole ruse WAR puts on with who is or isn’t a demon goes on a little too long or I whish there was some other part to the story. Or maybe the episode really mostly lives in the surprise of what really is going on that simply doesn’t work on third, fourth or tenth watch anymore?

Anyhow I DO enjoy watching the characters interact and love how this season right away kicks into high gear with the Big Bads and introduces the Four Horsemen here! The choice of the horsemen’s “rides” is also really fun.

Seeing Cas so intense at the beginning – wanting to look for God, revealing the truth about the amulet, telling Dean he’ll better support his (Cas’) plan because he gave up everything for him – really drives the point home how urgent and big this situation is.

And I find it touching that even though Dean really doesn’t know where he stands with Sam at the moment he doesn’t want to let go of the amulet and what it means to him!

THE BRIDGE from the finale!!! Seeing it now brings up so many feelings…..but it is a gorgeous location. I wonder how the special effect with the gap was created.

It’s great to have Ellen, Jo and Rufus back and all in one episode.

Ellen’s tough love is very refreshing. Giving both Sam and Dean a piece of her mind about cutting her out. HA. And later telling Dean to suck it up and work on the problem with what he’s got….HER…and not wish for Sam or Bobby.

I love the fact that BOTH Sam and Dean figure out what’s going on separately from each other, showing that they are perfectly equal in wits.

And how poignant nowadays how War says here that people don’t really need a reason to kill each other!! More true than EVER. SIGH.

It’s a very good follow up story for the hard trust conversation we had at the end of the last episode! We see the tension keep building here and think it’s real how Sam and Dean drift further apart just to then find out much of that was probably caused by War’s influence on the town. Then you relax and hope that they actually see that and make a new try at reconciliation just to have another twist with the brothers deciding to split up completely at the end. UGH! For Sam and Dean to NOT put each other before everything else and stick together is so hard to accept but an excellent painful story point and from that angle I love that the show allowed time for the deep hurt to scab over enough for them to go forward together again. Both Jared and Jensen are doing amazing work in that scene making us hang on every word and really feeling for both brothers. You can tell how Sam is still hoping for Dean to try and talk him out of leaving and you can see how it pains Dean not to be able to bring himself to do just that. It’s still as hard to take as ever.

The ONE thing I don’t like about this episode’s storyline is the confusion over IF or IF NOT Sam was actually cured of the addiction to the demon blood or the power that it gives him. We are made to believe that Sam isn’t jonesing for a hit but then War says its “all blood all the time” in Sam’s head. So was Sam lying to Dean at the beginning? Or was War just influencing him to believe he still wants it? Shouldn’t God’s cure be stronger than War’s manipulations? And in the end the blood wasn’t even demon blood anyway, so why would that cause Sam to slide back. That part made me believe it was War’s meddling that made Sam think he wants it, but that should have lifted when War was taken off line. Maybe he wasn’t addicted to it at all ever and it was always only about the power? But at the end Sam says that he doesn’t trust himself and that the blood was a temptation…
          It just throws too many things out of whack and into suspicion that we barely understood to begin with. And then it never gets really cleared up or explained.

Reply | Quote
            • Kate38
              October 24, 2022 at 3:25 pm #31014

I love Ellen, but POOR Dean! He gets water splashed in his face; then he gets a hug, followed by a slap in the face! The look he gives Sam after that is hilarious. Like “crazy lady” eyebrows! 🙂

I thought that Chuck cured Sam of his “physical” addiction (the shakes, weakness, fatigue, etc.), but not of his emotional addiction. Sam still craved the powerful feeling he got from drinking demon blood. In my mind, the power is what he was emotionally addicted to. Chuck can’t change Sam’s heart — only Sam can do that. Sam has to let go of that selfish part of himself that needs that feeling. Maybe I’m wrong, but that has always been how I read that situation.

kate

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by kate38kate38.
              Reply | Quote
          • journalbookbinder
              October 24, 2022 at 3:25 pm #28857

This is one of those episodes that feels 90 minutes long.  Lots of “going out” and “coming back in” to the group of folks holed up in the basement. Over and over.  I thought it was clever though; for War to make people think (hallucinate) that they were each other’s enemies and that’s all it took for people to start killing each other.

Loved it when Dean forcefully told Cas “NO!” when Cas wanted to borrow his amulet. Sam gave it to him. He’s not giving it up!

Yes, Sam telling Dean he thought they should split up was for sure a “Do I look fat?” question – he really wanted Dean to tell him he had it all wrong and they should stay together and he did a good job of looking surprised and a bit crushed when Dean agreed with him.  But Dean IS tired and worried about Sam and it’s making it dangerous for Dean to be so distracted.  That whole scene was tough. A bit TOO convenient for the guy in the camper to happen to be there to take in hitchhiker Sam though!

The blood thing IS confusing. Sam was supposedly cured of it by God (or he was totally lying to Dean about it), but here he’s wanting it from the dead “demons” in the store who weren’t demons; he was just hallucinating they were.  And before Ruby died she told Sam it wasn’t the blood at all; that he always had it in him and it wasn’t the blood that made him strong…yet we know that as this season goes on, as he has to become strong enough to hold Lucifer, he has to drink a ton of demon blood so I too find the whole demon blood thing confusing.

A decent episode (loved the red “horse” as a car), but also not one of my favorites, as much as I love Ellen, Rufus, etc.

Reply | Quote
            • kate38
                October 24, 2022 at 3:25 pm #30805

Love the music choices in this one — “Long Way from Home” in the recap, and “Spirit in the Sky”! I MISS all the classic rock that used to be in the early season episodes!

Interesting question (in retrospect, of course): When the boys were children, Bobby is the one who gave the amulet to Sam to give to John; he told Sam it was “very special”. Dean wore that amulet every day for YEARS – did Bobby forget what it was for?

I love ANY time we get to see Rufus, even if he and Bobby didn’t have any screen time together. “In my experience, demons come at you slower if they’re in a body with no limbs.” LOL!! I also really like the choreography of Rufus’ fight with Dean on the porch. SO entertaining to  watch!

I like the scene between War the horseman and “Save your protests for your brother.” It really exposed the motivations behind Sam’s behaviors and choices in season 4. In a more global sense, it forced Sam to admit to himself that the whole thing about killing Lilith was just an excuse, and that it was really about Sam’s desire to feel powerful. We see even more exposition in “Fallen Idols” when Sam admitted that being with Ruby made him feel in charge and powerful, so that was one of the reasons that he chose her over his family.

That final scene on the mountain is one of my favorites in the whole show. Not only is the scenery spectacular, but the brothers are both being honest with each other, which was refreshing after all the turmoil in season 4. Sam finally admitting his issues, and Dean finally admitting that he has been trying to pretend that Sam is okay and that their relationship isn’t as broken as it is. And both brothers accepting that – at least temporarily – it’s better if they aren’t together. I love how Sam touches the Impala one more time, as if he doesn’t think he’ll see her again. And Dean’s expression when Sam walks away is heartbreaking. I can never watch that scene just once.

kate

Reply | Quote
            Reply To:

Let’s all talk about Good God, Y’all! (S5 E2)

Your information: